Page 17 of 851 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Welcome, Adrienne! It's good to see a loud and proud curly!
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Whoa whoa whoa! All these new people and new happenings! Welcome to all the curlies and wurlies who've chimed in!

So, today I tried the KCKT/KCCC combination with the "smoothing" technique, only scrunching my hair when getting some excess water out with a t-shirt. It's certainly different as a styling product, that's for sure! The Curling Custard gets tacky/hard pretty fast, imo, and it looks a little odd while it's drying. I've ended up with these big, soft, loose curls, which are nice, but I think I've got to get the technique right when it comes to application.

Curlsgirl, I'm a fan of the Biotera gel because it's runny enough to work through easily, is a decent gel when it comes to frizz control and hold, and it's a very good price for the size of the bottle.

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Type
    2c/M/ii

I cut my hair and it looks great!! I lost a lot of length, but not a lot of actual hair since it was all damaged stringy ends. I thought I would be sad for it to be short, but I'm actually happy because it looks so much thicker and healthier. I just hope I can grow it longer starting now and have it look better.. my habits have improved 100% since LHC, plus I stay away from the twin evils of cones and protein.. so I am expecting great things. Another year or two at least til waist length, though. Sigh.

I haven't washed it since the cut and it is quite straight.. I'm scared beacuse it will look even shorter curlier, but excited to see how it behaves. The last time it was this length I had big 3a curls. Plus the hair that's left feels so soft, and looks so bouncy and shiny, without the damaged part weighing it down. Anyway sometimes a hair cut is a good thing. Here's to longer, healthier curls and wurls in my future.

Length
    22 in/23 in/Waist
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Is anyone cone-free and satisfied with how your curls look? I'm considering going cone-free but I don't want to lose curl definition as I like to wear my hair down.

Any suggestions?

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I'm 100% cone free since August, 2007, and I love it. It is the best thing I ever did for my hair. I also try to keep off the protein as much as possible, because it tends to dry me out.

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Going cone free helped me tremendously. My curl definition was very hit and miss beforehand, varying from a barely 3b to a 2c. Now I'm a pretty solid 3b up front and leaning 3b/3a blend in the back.

I have to add that, for me, it was not just going cone free, but also sulfate free.

It's not for everyone, but I personally feel that any type 3 should give it a go for a month to see if it works.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    22 in/23 in/Waist
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

redcelticcurls and CurlyNinja , thank you for your input.

I'm just worried about going cone free because my hair is dyed (bad dye job that left my hair a complete frizz ball...) and nothing seems to help with the frizzies.

But I'll definately give it a try. Thanks!

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

I think going cone-free saved my hair. I have VERY thirsty hair, and anything that gets between my hair and moisture is a bad thing. I've found that the more moisturized my hair is, the less frizzy it is, as well...

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Length
    22 in/23 in/Waist
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nappywomyn View Post
    I think going cone-free saved my hair. I have VERY thirsty hair, and anything that gets between my hair and moisture is a bad thing. I've found that the more moisturized my hair is, the less frizzy it is, as well...
    Would you mind sharing your routine?

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

What nappywoman said.
    I am cone, protein, sulfate, AND alcohol free.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights