Page 1689 of 2981 FirstFirst ... 68911891589163916791687168816891690169116991739178921892689 ... LastLast
Results 16,881 to 16,890 of 29808

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Default Re: Show me your Ficcare color thread

Really interesting about the ficcare basics range. Do we have any other information about it? One size and I guess plastic/acetate tops in plain colours, presumably cheaper? I guess that probably makes more financial sense as 'regular' people are more likely to buy that than an expensive clip. I really hope they still keep doing the old designs (fingers crossed for borders after the lotus) and maybe even new designs on the enamel clips.

Length
    31ish/73/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Amapola View Post
    Oooh - gorgeous, ashke50! Welcome to the addiction!
    Quote Originally Posted by julee View Post
    Aww thankyou Willowyn! so glad you love the primavera!

ashke50, that is gorgeous in your hair! The amethyst is my favourite jewel, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    Beautiful border, Julee! It looks great in your hair.

Ashke50 pretty purple jewel! Excellent choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    Lovely photos, Julee and Ashke50!
    Thank you all!

I was so pleased that it was as beautiful as I imagined, and very easy to use. I wore it for 4 days straight (usually I swap hair toys around ever day) and have now tried it in a cinnabun, nautilus, folded plait and plaited cinnabun. Holds great every time, and I actually got an unsolicited compliment on it from my mum - which never happens!
    It is slightly heavier than holding the above buns with flexis and spin pins, which is what I usually do, but I imagine I'll get used to that.

Any other styles people like to use with their ficcares? I've tried a log roll, but not quite got the hang of it yet.

~There is no spoon~

Length
    18''/29"/33"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive list of all the different designs that ficcares have come in over the years? For example, I know of the Lotus and Primavera designs, but there are also some ones that have raised stripes with jewels in them, and the two-tone ones, and the ones that are criscrossed all over . . . . I'd like to have my terminology straight, and I kind of want to know what all the different ones look like.

ETA: Found the Ficcare Database thread and accompanying database. I think I want to try and start recreating some of these with Fakkares . . .
    Last edited by Laurenji; August 25th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
    ☼ Men are that they might have joy. ☼

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

This thread could use some lovin! I owe some action shots from trades. Please bear with me as I won't be able to upload all of them in one sitting. Tonight I'll do it as a theme set. Lately, I've been soooo very bored with the typical maximas clip (don't get me wrong it will always be my favorite model for reliability and security for days of heavy activities ). So tonight I'll showcase the odd ended models that could use some love. The Signature/Millenium is my new favorite. I think so many people get frustrated with these models cause I have to agree they do require a lot of play if you want to achieve a secure hold. I find this model to be lighter than the innovations. I also think this model works best if you can do figure eight buns comfortably, as I think this particular model looks the best with that particular bun (it will over power a lot of buns , except the figure 8 bun IMOP).

Thank you Lovi! I love it! sorry about the wait for this action shot as I've been busy (still am).

Thank you earthybee! love the icy design and I'm glad you'll be rehoming something of that design.

What the heck I'll throw in my honey marble just to show you what I mean if you try other buns with the Signature/Millenium clip.

Here is how I store away the "non-maximas" models excluding the ficcarissimos. My ficci hangs with my maxi on another place. You can buy this wonderful rack at IKEA at the kitchen supply area (I don't remember what it's called but I found it around that area). This is the only rack I found that holds these models perfectly and securely!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

It sure could rowie! You have a wonderful collection of non maximas clips and the signatures look fantastic in your dark hair! I've always been curious as to how to wear the signature clip, though I seem to remember a photo of Cinnamon Hair wearing it in a centre held bun.

I'm waiting on a few to arrive (among them the silver stripe and polka dot acetates from maidenlike ) and then I'll try to post a decent bowl shot of my whole collection I think

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Double post.
    Last edited by julee; August 26th, 2014 at 02:33 AM.

Length
    nape/waist/tbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Rowie- thanks for a peek at your amazing collection. Those millenium clips are so stunning in your hair. Beautiful!
    Last edited by slynr; August 26th, 2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: changed double use of word amazing:)

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Beautiful millennium clips, Rowie. I especially like the center pic. The clip is the perfect accent swirled into your dark hair. Bravo

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Laurenji: It's also worth looking at CinnamonHair's Beyond Classic Length site, where she has archived some of the older Ficcare catalogues (and photos of some clips that were never in the catalogues).

I don't think anyone will ever be able to compile a complete set of everything Ficcare has produced because they've done small runs for specific boutiques that turn up occasionally on eBay but, like CH's ones, were never sold via their Web site or catalogues.

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by julee View Post
    It sure could rowie! You have a wonderful collection of non maximas clips and the signatures look fantastic in your dark hair! I've always been curious as to how to wear the signature clip, though I seem to remember a photo of Cinnamon Hair wearing it in a centre held bun.

I'm waiting on a few to arrive (among them the silver stripe and polka dot acetates from maidenlike ) and then I'll try to post a decent bowl shot of my whole collection I think
    Thank you julee! Yeah I think the signature clip will look better if I could ever reach Cinnamon Hair's length. Although, she does complain at one point how the signature clip still stick out of her bun. I think she calls it like wearing "Indian feathers." Yes I can't wait to see your pictures, as I enjoy seeing them despite my lack of being good at commenting everyone's pictures consistently. I love the silver stripe and I hope you'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by slynr View Post
    Rowie- thanks for a peek at your amazing collection. Those millenium clips are so stunning in your hair. Beautiful!
    Thank you slynr! I rarely get to do that, but since my non maximas model is a small collection, I thought it would be humble enough I hope to post in here. Yeah, I've had my frustrations with the signature clips, but I think revisiting old pictures of how people wore this model made me want to take up the challenge. Although, I still have a long way before these clips will look less overpowering for center held type buns.

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    Beautiful millennium clips, Rowie. I especially like the center pic. The clip is the perfect accent swirled into your dark hair. Bravo
    Thank you sourgrl. The center pic was when I finally got the figure 8 bun correctly. Up until BSL, cinnabun types usually are difficult for me, but I think it's starting to get better now that i'm past waist length.