Page 152 of 471 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4701

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    11"/26"/???

Default Re: Kinky 4's thread

CurlyCap Thou art tempting my inner PJ. Just when I got my staples figured out, lol...

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    CurlyCap Thou art tempting my inner PJ. Just when I got my staples figured out, lol...

Here's my secret. Take your current butter or finishing cream, and tape the name of the next thing you want to try onto the bottom of the jar.

When it runs out, you have a new toy all lined up and named for you.

AND it gives you motivation to do wonderful nice things for your hair. The more consistently you use your products, the faster they can be replaced!
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

CurlyCap, I'm going to have to order that for my little curly headed minion. The humidity is just insane here, so her hair is doing nothing small or confined. My mom said her hair is bigger than her, J likes that.

Length
    SL+/BSL-/HIP!
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

I'm a 3a/b, but I wanna stalk because I love seeing long haired 4s

(Stretched) - Shoulder+. Armpit.BSL!. MidbackWaist. HIP!
    (Curly) - Shoulder+. Armpit. BSL. Midback. Waist. HIP!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    My mom said her hair is bigger than her, J likes that.
    That's sort of my hair-lifetime goal, except I'll be 40 instead of 7.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    That's sort of my hair-lifetime goal, except I'll be 40 instead of 7.
    Yup, that's the fun of curls that grow east west instead of south. There are days I'm ready to scream as J's hair is just everywhere and nothing will get it back so there are fewer tangles.....

But I'm not going to start her on her hair being "bad" because ugh that's just setting her up for a lifetime of hating herself.

Today she's got a 5 strand English braid that's half tassel. She's happy with it.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Today she's got a 5 strand English braid that's half tassel. She's happy with it.
    And that is where I get jealous. By the time she leaves your house, she's going to know so much about styling and working with her hair. It'll be awesome.

My dad sort of gave up and just let me run around like a wild thing. For school, he did an English braid.

I figured out a few other things, but the complicated braids are still beyond me. I can't do the weaving and stay ahead of the curls trying to eat my hands. I'd rather use pins/forks/sticks instead.

Brava MandyBeth.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Well, she can't manage a regular braid on her hair yet. But she'll get there.

Length
    APL19/WSL28/HIP32
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Ha! I love this! Lacefrost, I don't know if you've checked the mirror lately but your hair is super full. Nothing wrong with wanting more, though

Thanks, I've already got some layers but they were accidental and all in the wrong places. Guess I'll try getting it all one length first then decide if I want some layers cut in later on. I don't wear my hair out much but I may want to once it's longer.
    Aww, thanks. It just feels shorter and less impressive to me with layers. You know the youtube girl Chime? She's my hair idol in length and when her hair was my length it looked longer cause it was all one length.

As for your layers, that's what happened with mine. I wouldn't wait til your hair is all one length. Just let your hair keep growing and doing it's thing and then when you decide to trim your hair, even out your layers a little. It makes a really big difference in a short amount of time. At first my layers were all uneven and bad (I cut them when my hair was in a frizzed out roller set ) but they've been pretty even for a while now. I don't even trim them any more. And the longer they get, the better it looks.

CURRENTLY: waist straight (28") GOAL: waist braidwaves (35")

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

[quote=lacefrost;2188522]Aww, thanks. It just feels shorter and less impressive to me with layers. You know the youtube girl Chime? She's my hair idol in length and when her hair was my length it looked longer cause it was all one length.
    quote]

*sigh* I love her hair. Her hair is what made me decide to go natural. That thickness is insane. I feel the same about my layered hair with relaxed ends not being thick and luscious like hers.

I'm really thinking it's time for me to BC. I was doing a heavy oiling last night for an overnight pre-poo and my relaxed ends just mocked the heck outta me. I was SO tempted to just cut 'em all off. Why? Why? WHY am I resisting cutting? It's not like I wear my hair out anyway. I can just put my hair away and focus on growing it back and learning how to handle fully relaxed hair. Doesn't this make sense?

I told hubby last night and he protested, as expected. Eventually he agreed that I should do whatever I feel is best. It is my hair, afterall. But still, I hesitate. But wouldn't shorter hair be better during the summer anyway?

Thoughts?