Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

Quote Originally Posted by TawnyRoots View Post
    Same here, interestingly we have the same hair type and colour... My mum and sister have much softer (but still thick), blond hair and both look more "Saxon" than me and my father, who look more Irish, (pale skin, greenish eyes, darker hair).
    I'm 70% Irish (from north Ireland, so no red hair, just ash brown), a little German and French, and a tiny bit Columbus Indian (Native American, while PC, seems so...fuddy. No offense intended!). We have very similar hair types, and it seems to be linked to being predominantly Irish. My mom's hair is 1b/f/i/ii, and warm light brown, while Dad's hair is 2b/2c/c/iii and jet black (he looks mostly Cherokee, while I look like a little Irish girl, hah). Mine is ashy mid-dark brown. The only proof of my Cherokee is my bone structure (influenced by, but not identical), and the fact that my hair is incredibly coarse (like a horse's mane).

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Length
    9/29/30
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

This is a great thread, I guess I'll throw my two cents in.

I'm African American and I have 3b/3c hair. Its naturally frizzy curly with no products. With products I can achieve nice ringlets.

I tend to find that my hair is easily damaged, I can't take any color or chemical processing. And I try to minimize heat usage. (I've only straightened my hair 3 times this year so far). My friend claim I have a "nicer" hair texture for my race...I just think it is what it is. My father has wavy hair, I guess I take after him.

Under the mountains and ever changing clouds.
    Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I love this thread! Thanks so much for starting it, loralie.

I am -- to my understanding -- mostly German and French. My hair is medium brown with red and gold highlights with lots of depth and variation in color. When I was a little girl it was a very dark brown but lightened as I got older. I also have quite a bit of gray and have had a good sprinkling since I was 12.

It is fine in texture but I have a TON of it, every hairdresser I have ever gone to tell me I have hair enough for three people. The best of both worlds, I think.

Browsing through the other comments, almost all of the people with hair similar to mine in category and color have a significant amount of French and German blood. Go figure.

Length
    SL/APL+/Elbow
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

I'm of Scottish decent, and have naturally dark brown wavy/curly hair. The hair strands themselves are fine, but I have a lot of hair so it looks thick.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I'm 1/4 Russian, 1/4 Belorussian (mother), 1/2 Ethnic Russian Jewish (Father - Ethnic difference characteristics due to centuries of segregation). I may also have some Central Asian ancestry through my great grandmother. My hair is dark brown, coarse, and rather wavy (2b).

Mother's hair - Medium, brown, and wavy (2a).
    Father's hair - Black, coarse and 3b curly.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

My ancestry is Irish on my Mothers side, English on my Fathers side, and I managed to get my Fathers dark thick curly/wavy hair. My Mum has red hair on her side, but unfortunately that didn't come out in me, I dream of having natural red hair! My Father however, went gray in his teens, which unfortunately is pretty much what I did too! My Mum didn't go gray until her 40's, so I know I didn't get any hair related traits from my Mum, yet I look exactly like her in the face, I just got my Dad's hair, almost exactly.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I am 50% south Asian (Indian) and 50% mixed European (mostly German). My husband is 50% Armenian and 50% mixed European, so our boys are 25% Indian, 25% Armenian, and 50% mixed European. One looks pretty Indian (very dark hair and dark eyes) and one doesn't look Indian or Armenian at all.

My hair is less coarse than most Indian hair, and there's some fine hairs thrown in to the mix. It's pretty wavy, too; I think wavier than most Indian hair is.

Length
    9/17/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm Mexican and My hair type is thick, wavy and curly (waves and at the middle of my hair I start to have big curls) and the color it's a dark brown with red undertones *wich are getting stronger because of henna glosses ) hope this helps !

Length
    3"/APL/Butt
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

dark puerto rican here. everyone always thinks I'm mixed [black & white] or dominican but noo I'm definitely puerto rican (non-spanish speaking type ) My father is dark like me and his parents are puerto rican. The reason we are dark is because his side of the family is taino (native puerto ricans) while on the other hand, my mother is light puerto rican. She has strawberry blonde hair, freckles, green/blue/hazel eyes (they change color I swear). Her parents have spaniard ancestors, irish, scottish, french, and some other stuff.

The outcome with me is dark puerto rican with white people hair. Its thin and curly and I can do anything I want with it. I also have a smidge of freckles on my cheeks.

this is my mom - sorry I just have to show off how much she doesn't look like me lol
    Last edited by talecon; June 8th, 2010 at 04:33 PM.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Still so fascinating guys! I'm sorry this got out of control and I can't reply to everyone but it's seriously so interesting to read all of this! Thank you all for sharing!

We should write a book. Haha!
    Progress Album Tailbone by 2013!