Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Length
    Pixie/SL+/MBL
    Type
    4a/F/ii

Default Re: Kinky 4's thread

Quote Originally Posted by CelinaStarr View Post
    One more pic:

I still have the one gray hair. Surprisingly it didn't fall out from all of the heat and combing.

ETA: the blowout and straight hair pics were all taken today.
    Beautiful!
    Next goal: APL!

Thank you for those gorgeous pics, Celinastarr!!

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightShadow View Post
    Hi! ^ ^ I'm just now seeing this thread.. I'm pretty sure my hair is a 4b. I've been transitioning from relaxed to natural for 2 1/2 years now (I think that's right lol). I didn't decide to stop relaxers til Novemvber 2009. I kinda found out iwas allergic to them :/ it was awful
    Beautiful!!! And I love the thickness of your braid. If I didn't already see for myself, I'd swear you were and indian rapunzel. (I hope that's ok to say among friends )

But again, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing CS.

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Thank you ladies.

How is the transition going Njoy? Is the detangling better? Towards the end of my transition my relaxed ends were so damaged that they broke simply when touched. And they tangled badly just like the split ends I had today. I had no choice but to cut them. I remember your beautiful long hair and I bet it is going to look amazing natural.

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CelinaStarr View Post
    Thank you ladies.

How is the transition going Njoy? Is the detangling better? Towards the end of my transition my relaxed ends were so damaged that they broke simply when touched. And they tangled badly just like the split ends I had today. I had no choice but to cut them. I remember your beautiful long hair and I bet it is going to look amazing natural.
    Generally speaking, transitioning is going well. I did just have a major detangling nightmare. It ended well tho. I learned what I need to do and things have been going well since.

I'm trimming my relaxed ends away inch by inch. I hope to be fully natural by year's end, if not before.

Questions for you: How long did you transition? How long was your hair after you BC'd? And How long have you been natural? A little motivation for the wannabe's like me.

Length
    19/23/36
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

Love your pics Celina, especialy the braid!

Length
    11"/26"/???

@Celinastarr: Aaaahhh! That braid. I want. I WANT.

Cute dog too.

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Did anyone else go to the World Natural Hair Show here in Atlanta today? I went. I think everyone and her mama's baby's cousin was there. My feet are KILLING me. So much to see. And oh the heads.

I got a little carried away but reeled in a really nice haul...for a pretty penny.

Oyin Handmade was there. I grabbed some Honey Hemp and Hair Dew because of Happy Hair's post. 2 for $20 and no shipping. That'll work. I also grabbed a few boxes of Jamila henna, some beautiful head wraps, a few containers of whipped cream shea butter (baby powder, coconut mango and Hawaian Juicy) and some Koils by Nature shealoe leave-in. Oh, and I also grabbed cards from a few local salons that specialize in natural and transitioning hair. All in all, a good score. But did I mention that my feet are killing me? The parking situation was whack. They had most of us walking to the convention center from the parking companies across the street. Across Camp Creek, down and around to the far end of the convention center at that. Did I mention my feet are killing me? Ah well. I still njoy'd being there with all my sistas.

Did I mention my feet are killing me?

Length
    TWA/APL/BSL
    Type
    4b/M/ii

OMG, CelinaStarr, your hair is beautiful! The thickness of your braid is unreal.
    Growing my hair to BSL and beyond!
    Benign neglect & LCO method

Length
    BSl/Hip/Termi
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by NJoy View Post
    Generally speaking, transitioning is going well. I did just have a major detangling nightmare. It ended well tho. I learned what I need to do and things have been going well since.

I'm trimming my relaxed ends away inch by inch. I hope to be fully natural by year's end, if not before.

Questions for you: How long did you transition? How long was your hair after you BC'd? And How long have you been natural? A little motivation for the wannabe's like me.
    I'm happy to see the transition going so well! Congrats. I transitioned for 3 years from 2006-2009. I started at bra strap and had lots of mini cuts and trims during my transition and breakage too. My hair grows in a u shape; it was mid back to waist after my transition.