Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Length
    2"/pixie/bsl

Default Re: Show us your henndigoed hair!

Quote Originally Posted by almudena View Post
    Here is mine (a bigger version of my siggy):

mother of pearl that is 100% my dream hair. What recipe are you using? Whatever it is I'll just add a ton of amla because I want a really cool color, no reds.

Here's my last one btw (far right):

Type
    1c/F/i

ninika, no the amla helps a little, but will not give you a neutral or ash-toned brown - it will still be a red-toned brown.

Length
    25 cm/53 cm/70-80
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

With the amla+henna+índigo you'll have a brown colour without red, you have a book information about this in the link. Here you can see the diferents colour
    http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/

Length
    BSL/BSL+/waist
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I did a henndigo two days ago but am not satisfied with the colour, it is too red. I love red, wanted it to turn out red, but this colour looks a bit unnatural. I used about 65/45 henna/indigo. I'm posting it here because I see a lot of chocolate-brown-ey colours, not the strange red I have now, so I'm probably doing something wrong.

So I'm thinking of doing a second henndigo, also because I missed some spots.
    But now my question, I was wondering how the leave-in time will affect the colour. Does it turn a deeper shade if you leave it on a couple of hours vs. just one hour? More orangey - less orangey? Does it fade slower?
    I'm asking because last time I've left it on for an hour and a half and I'm trying to decide how long I'll have to leave the mix on the secon time.
    Last edited by Maeve; May 28th, 2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo

Almudena, your hair looks really nice!

Length
    Pixie/Jaw/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'm bringing back this thread because on Monday I broke down and henna'd! I did a two step to get jet black, using RavennaNight's routine.

I like the outcome, though admittedly I only had less than half an inch regrowth (the rest was chemically dyed black). So I'm not real sure if the henndigo'd color is going to be as black as I like.

9/23/10 - Henndigo by christi.adell, on Flickr
    Inside with flash

So I liked the outcome but the time involved was a bit...much. Especially with my one year old running around.

I left the henna on for 4 hours and the indigo for 2. Do you guys think I could go for less? I keep reading different things about the indigo. Some say it demises in an hour, 90 mins, etc.

Also does anyone have any experience with these brands of henna and indigo:
    http://www.indiastopshop.com/store/Hair%20and%20Skin%20Care.html

This store is the only Indian store for twenty miles or so to my house and those are the brands they carry. It would be so much better to buy here for under $5-10 than ordering online for more than $20. (I ordered Indigo and Jamila Henna from mehandi.com, which was great quality and fast shipping but unfortunately a bit expensive for extended use)
    But any input on those brands would be appreciated since I don't want to put anything crazy on my head!
    Last edited by christi.adell; September 23rd, 2010 at 11:37 AM.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

mine is henndigoed but with Lush brun and marron mixed, hard to tell in my photo (siggy and avatar) but its a chocolate brown with chestnut shine, really lovely in the sun and much redder then but in doors it looks a warm chocolate brown.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

christi.adell wow! The color of your hair and your blue eyes are utterly amazing combination. So beautiful
    For your question - Hesh is a known company so you probably have luck with their products (I don't know the henna though). The hennas that say mehendi on them are good hennas. Make sure the contents are listed and it say 100% henna, and have no additives.

Jojo! Welcome back!

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    Pixie/Jaw/BSL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Heidi thank you very much! I was hesitant to try black fearing it may go way too goth with my skin but I actually really like it. And if I can get it natural then even better.

Also thank you for the info on Hesh. I might try it or I also just found a site http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/ that's cheaper (especially shipping) so I might try them as well. Especially since I'm reading that the Black Rose from the store isn't indigo but a henna dye.

Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by christi.adell View Post
    I'm bringing back this thread because on Monday I broke down and henna'd! I did a two step to get jet black, using RavennaNight's routine.

I like the outcome, though admittedly I only had less than half an inch regrowth (the rest was chemically dyed black). So I'm not real sure if the henndigo'd color is going to be as black as I like.

9/23/10 - Henndigo by christi.adell, on Flickr
    Inside with flash

So I liked the outcome but the time involved was a bit...much. Especially with my one year old running around.

I left the henna on for 4 hours and the indigo for 2. Do you guys think I could go for less? I keep reading different things about the indigo. Some say it demises in an hour, 90 mins, etc.

Also does anyone have any experience with these brands of henna and indigo:
    http://www.indiastopshop.com/store/H...in%20Care.html

This store is the only Indian store for twenty miles or so to my house and those are the brands they carry. It would be so much better to buy here for under $5-10 than ordering online for more than $20. (I ordered Indigo and Jamila Henna from mehandi.com, which was great quality and fast shipping but unfortunately a bit expensive for extended use)
    But any input on those brands would be appreciated since I don't want to put anything crazy on my head!
    I cant help but stare at your hair color