Page 1371 of 1376 FirstFirst ... 37187112711321136113691370137113721373 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,710 of 13753

Thread: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Waist | Hip | BCL | Tailbone

Wow such an amazing difference!! Is your hair all virgin now? I can't tell if the last few inches have been dyed back to your virgin colour or if they're just varied a bit due to age.
    Your hair is so pretty!
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Okay, here is a pic. Sorry it may be quite big and the quality is not great. Three years ago my hair was shoulder -collarbone length and now it's hip length. The wave pattern isn't the best in this picture, I was just going for a length shot.
    I guess the difference between waist and hip is significant, as I got some comments like "how / when did your hair get so long? I don't remember it ever being this long!" I do feel like waits length was just "long" but at hip it has crossed over to "very long" because usually even main stream long haired people don't have longer than waist length.

My plan is now to pamper my hair more, start wearing it up more, and have small trims every once in a while, while still letting it grow longer. I think at least TBL would be a nice length, but I want to at least try classic length. It would make a really nice long braid I don't want the ends to get too wispy, although some taper is okay. I have quite much now at the ends, which is still remnant of my big shed in 2020. I have trimmed the thinnest ends a little already after going for so long without any trims, but there is still some of the thinner ends to trim off.

I have noticed a lot of splits and breakage lately, so I bought some protein treatments, as I've been just focusing on moisturising, and I think my hair needs some strengthening now.

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    Bri-Chan, did you really grow that much in just 2,5 years? Very fast growth! And amazing hair. I hope to reach your length someday!
    The first pic is October 2021, the second one is now. I dont find my hair to grow fast, just the average 1cm/month. One year ago I got some long layers, those helped for sure to remove the bleach.
    I'm sure you can reach TBL too! With your color it will be gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    Wow such an amazing difference!! Is your hair all virgin now? I can't tell if the last few inches have been dyed back to your virgin colour or if they're just varied a bit due to age.
    Your hair is so pretty!
    So, I have some bleach left, I think around 5 inches. In the past two years I've used some deposit only hairdye on ends and midlenghts, usually red/purple. So that section has a strongest red tone than my natural color. So the ends are the result of faded red on bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Okay, here is a pic. Sorry it may be quite big and the quality is not great. Three years ago my hair was shoulder -collarbone length and now it's hip length. The wave pattern isn't the best in this picture, I was just going for a length shot.
    I guess the difference between waist and hip is significant, as I got some comments like "how / when did your hair get so long? I don't remember it ever being this long!" I do feel like waits length was just "long" but at hip it has crossed over to "very long" because usually even main stream long haired people don't have longer than waist length.

My plan is now to pamper my hair more, start wearing it up more, and have small trims every once in a while, while still letting it grow longer. I think at least TBL would be a nice length, but I want to at least try classic length. It would make a really nice long braid I don't want the ends to get too wispy, although some taper is okay. I have quite much now at the ends, which is still remnant of my big shed in 2020. I have trimmed the thinnest ends a little already after going for so long without any trims, but there is still some of the thinner ends to trim off.

I have noticed a lot of splits and breakage lately, so I bought some protein treatments, as I've been just focusing on moisturising, and I think my hair needs some strengthening now.

[IMG]https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49918&d=1714985262[IMG]
    I agree that the difference between WL and HL is enough to make the mane look long.
    Last edited by Bri-Chan; May 6th, 2024 at 01:36 PM.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfNoot View Post
    I realize this sweater is a poor choice for length shots but my house is freezing and I have already sent it through Imgur
    This coming January will be my 4 year LHC anniversary. HL milestone feels like a great anniversary gift
    I know it's been a few months since you posted it, but WOW I love that hair.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    ....and although Iīm glad I raced and acquired the length, I am not quite happy about my ends. I have a different plan for the next year - taking 1 cm off every three months. I should reach TBL some time after Easter, and CL possibly by next Christmas. But I consider my hair pretty long now (long enough for me, even with LHCitis bug in my brain), so I am going to focus more on thickening of my hemline, if itīs possible at all (with my thin and superfine hair). It does not matter to me anymore if I settle for reaching and maintaining at TBL, CL or FTL maximum - as long as I have reasonably thick and healthy ends.
    Five months later now, how's it going? I think your hair looks very nice, and yes the ends are thin in the pic, but they still look nice. And as I've prolly said before, I view hair growth/shaping like a writing project: write now, edit later. Hit that length goal first so you feel like you're making real progress (because you are). That's what I've been doing, and I love the progress.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    I got my hair done yesterday and I'm very happy with the result!

My hairdresser took a video, if anyone's curious to see it in motion: https://imgur.com/a/mdyAZ9b

Just WOW. That's imprerssive.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that for my hair braids are not very protective (although better than nothing)
    I've wondered about that too. What's everyone's verdict on this?

Seems to me that abrade wouldn't exactly be an ideal solution to preventing friction damage. Even loose braids rub hair on hair and still need a tie at the end. ATM I just ponytail mine for bedtime, and I use the soft seamless QRTVI ties from Amazon. My recent hair-fear (I always have one) is crushing my hair between myself and the sheets, chair backs, whatever. I need to learn some simple up-do that doesn't need spears, pitchforks, and a month of practice...

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    An hair update, even if that's really nothing new. I hope it's not huge.

Here it's clear the demarcation between bleach and no bleach. I'm quite ok with my hair lately, it seems and feels healthy.
    And someone else with gorgeous hair to give me Imposter Syndrome for even being here among y'all. Just wow. And fwiw I like the highlights at the end. Suggestion for next pics: wear light colored clothes to show your hair better. It's visible here, but hair like that deserves to leap off the screen at the viewer.

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I cut my hair (by myself, cut on washed&dried hair) last week, as I had planned. I didnīt take a measuring tape to the bathroom, I went by feel. And landed at waist length.

My first thought was: Yes, yes, yes, I love it!

My second thought, when I took my hair down from the bun in the evening was: Holymoly, itīs so SHORT! But good short!
    IF there's a good "short", that's def it. It's really beautiful. How did you get it so straight by yourself?

Length
    22/37.5/40
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by secret soup View Post
    Hi all! I am pleased to finally be joining you here!

[...] I have many layers and a moderate amount of breakage, so I will stay in this thread until I get my U-shaped hemline back and also until most layers are solidly at hip.

:
    Welcome aboard. You have seriously beautiful wavy hair.

Do you use an oil mask to strengthen your hair against breakage? Masking is the main reason my own hair isn't still SL, as it's fragile and dry despite being coarse. My own weekly mask is coconut oil, avocado oil and olive oil - those have been tested scientifically to actually penetrate into the hair, as opposed to cooking oil, mineral oil, motor oil, or ghawd knows what other horrors - and I mix them about 1/3 each; you can buy them from the baking aisle of the store and even pay with food stamps if necessary. I mostly avoid the "hair care" aisle, though I do love the Herbal Essences no-sulfate shampoos and a couple cone-free conditioners like Maui Moisture. Additional to that (though I'm sure not as important for me) is being very gentle with the hair esp when wet.

I browsed your albums and clearly you know how to grow hair, so resist the urge to cut! Hair like yours should be long, sexy and happy.