Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,354 of 1354

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bushkin View Post

I feel embarrassed by it because it becomes oily so much quicker than others and loses body. I don't get the cute tousled look.. just oily tangles :/
    I cannot see your hair type listed under your picture, but if you have 1A - 1B type, the "tousled wavy look" isnīt going to happen without products (volumizing and fixating) and heat or heatless styling tools. Iīve been struggling with this, having fine and thin and straight hair, always wanting that thicker and wavier look, but itīs not what my hair does and Iīm not willing to put the effort into artificial methods of achieving it.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I used to have 1b hair. It didn't become oily quick, due to a dry scalp. But once it did, I did the same thing as I do now. I put it up. French or Amish braids were my go to's when my hair was a bit shorter.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/20/37
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by bushkin View Post
    I feel embarrassed by it because it becomes oily so much quicker than others and loses body. I don't get the cute tousled look.. just oily tangles :/
    I completely understand how you feel bushkin. My baby fine hair also gets very oily very quickly. I've had moments where I've cried over it's appearance because I would wash it in the evening, and by midday the next day, my bangs would be so visibly greasy that others would even comment on it. I don't have a perfect solution...I'm still in the habit of washing just my bangs between wash days, as it's the only thing that seems to refresh them fully. And I can't wash in the evening...it has to be in the morning, or I'll be greasy again by the time I have to go to work and talk to people all day.

A few things helped me to love my straight fine hair despite not having a perfect solution to oiliness yet.

1. I stopped being so hard on myself. If my hair looks oily, that's only a sign that my hair is healthier than most. My body works hard to protect my hair, that's all.
    2. I tried using a hydrating hair mousse. A light foaming mousse is what you want. This adds just a touch of texture to the hair. Even though I don't wash daily, when I do wash, the mousse gives me a little bit of encouragement, and helps me feel my best with day 1 hair. As long as there's a non damaging formula that you like, this might help you like it's helped me.
    3. On my non wash days, starting the day with a 10 minute scalp massage seems to really boost my hairs volume. Yes, it will still be a little oiler than on wash day, but it will be oily and happy. Some say that scalp massages can stimulate oil production, but I don't find that it makes a significant difference in how much sebum I produce, rather I think it gives my scalp some light exfoliation and circulation, helping it breathe. Therefore, my hair feels much lighter and bouncier after.

I hope that what helps me gives you some ideas. Our hair type can be troublesome, but it's also beautiful. Remember how many people pay hundreds of dollars, and the health of their hair, to get the look of perfectly straight hair! Love what you've got my friend <3

Account Closed by Member Request

I am trying not to trim this year and have been doing search and destroy. I feel s little discouraged because I have split ends at every length of my hair. My avatar is a recent shot and I don't think it looks so bad as a whole but all these little splits make me nervous