Page 133 of 471 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 4701

Thread: Kinky 4s' thread

Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Kinky 4's thread

Hello,

I currently use a wide tooth plastic comb and was just wondering if any of you have had any good experiences with wooden or bone combs? Will it make a difference with 4a hair?

Length
    19/30/34
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHair87 View Post
    Lookie what I got!!! Well....i just ordered it...can't wait for it to get here.

I treated Reina big time....I ordered a liter sized bottle of Oyin Honey Hemp...i'm gonna use that as a rinse out/deep conditioner, the 8oz bottle of Hair Dew for a leave in and refreshing moisturizer....Reina LOVES those products...and i bought the hair toy above...it can be used for both loose natural hair and locs...i only ordered one being that i've never tried one of these before...but it's so cute and different!
    Cute toy. Can't wait to see you sportin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by cwarren View Post
    Hello,

I currently use a wide tooth plastic comb and was just wondering if any of you have had any good experiences with wooden or bone combs? Will it make a difference with 4a hair?
    Glad you posted this. I'm think of getting a bone/organic resins comb. I have a magic 5 star jumbo rake. I think I'm looking for more of a medium detangler and something that can be used for regular styling.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

LOL.

The Hair Crazy caught hold of me tonight and I decided to do the whole shebang on my hair (roller set and flat iron). It turned out pretty nicely, but I can't believe I did all that since I never wear a flat iron for more than a day any more. And the breakage!

::headdesk::

I looked online, thinking at least I could get my hair trimmed tomorrow at an affordable place since it's straight...but no luck. Most salons here are closed on Mondays.

One good thing came out of it, though. I confirmed that I am at APL, not BSL (which is oddly only 2" away on short ol' me)...so no more pulling at stretched hair and wondering.

So I guess I'll spend my free time at work tomorrow concocting the recipe for my DT to rectifying what I've done to my hair.

I should put my hair in a safe deposit box the week before my period. That's always when I'm most temped to straight iron. Silly rabbit.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    12/26/60
    Type
    4a/F/M/iii

Hello,

I've been wondering about that myself. I've finally found a super smooth plastic comb, but I'm considering buying a horn comb to see if it really makes a difference. I'm on a quest right now to be super gentle with my hair.

Length
    12/26/60
    Type
    4a/F/M/iii

Hello,

I tried a wooden comb that I got from the body shop. It wasn't smooth enough. My individual strands are fine and they kept getting snagged and snapped by the comb.

Length
    TWA/-APL/WL
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    Lacefrost, I just want to tell you your hair is looking fabulous, and Helix, that is fantastic growth!

And CurlyCap, it has to be hateration. I just can't think of any other explanation. Hateration with a healthy amount of ignorance mixed in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Thanks C.H!

This made me smile. I know it wasn't for me but I could totally picture a Dr Seuss character saying that line when I read it . *Sigh* my mind is so random sometimes...
    LOL!!
    v Hair Pix v

Length
    WL/WL/HIP
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    LOL.

The Hair Crazy caught hold of me tonight and I decided to do the whole shebang on my hair (roller set and flat iron). It turned out pretty nicely, but I can't believe I did all that since I never wear a flat iron for more than a day any more. And the breakage!

::headdesk::

I looked online, thinking at least I could get my hair trimmed tomorrow at an affordable place since it's straight...but no luck. Most salons here are closed on Mondays.

One good thing came out of it, though. I confirmed that I am at APL, not BSL (which is oddly only 2" away on short ol' me)...so no more pulling at stretched hair and wondering.

So I guess I'll spend my free time at work tomorrow concocting the recipe for my DT to rectifying what I've done to my hair.

I should put my hair in a safe deposit box the week before my period. That's always when I'm most temped to straight iron. Silly rabbit.
    Soooooo..........................................n o pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkycurlygurl View Post
    I tried a wooden comb that I got from the body shop. It wasn't smooth enough. My individual strands are fine and they kept getting snagged and snapped by the comb.

Thanks for this! I was gonna buy me one and try it. But i'm quite happy with my shower comb...it doesn't snag. I actually bought it from CurlMart..lol...when i first went natural (i'm Bipolar and part of my manic symptoms is i get obsessed with stuff...and want to always buy one object in every available color, or scent or flavor that it comes in) I was kinda on a mission to collect shower combs...but my sister put some sense in my head and made me realize i only need one....but i wanted one in pink, blue, green, white

My poor brain.
    Lady Napaiai of the Secret Vale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Soooooo..........................................n o pics?
    Couldn't sleep and so I spent three hours doing this:

Took pictures for a tutorial and everything.

Wore it to work. Was sick of it. Got it wet.

And now I'm apologizing to my hair with a deep treatment.

It's been a busy 24 hrs! LOLOL
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

Length
    WL/WL/HIP
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

^^Lol! Awww...it's so pretty!!! But i understand getting tired of it!

It's crazy....i am 14 months natural today and i feel like i've been natural all my life! Im SO used to my hair being curly and kinky now. So i completely understand getting tired of the straight hair! Did you feel like you just didn't know what to do with it tho? That's how i felt...i forgot how to style it!
    Lady Napaiai of the Secret Vale in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

^^Lol! Awww...it's so pretty!!! But i understand getting tired of it!

It's crazy....i am 14 months natural today and i feel like i've been natural all my life! Im SO used to my hair being curly and kinky now. So i completely understand getting tired of the straight hair! Did you feel like you just didn't know what to do with it tho? That's how i felt...i forgot how to style it!

Nah. I know how to style it. Thing is, my hair looks best straight IMMEDIATELY after it's ironed. It's perfectly clean, shiny and straight.

But by the next morning, my hair does what it does. It's fine and all different lengths...and I get floaties. Floaties lead to serum or oil...and then I have hair that is pretty but doesn't move. And I've never been one for just looking at my hair. My hands are constantly in it and I found that while my curly hair responds well to the fluffing...the straight hair is tres confused by it.

Straightening my hair always gives more appreciation for the 1s and 2s, though. It seems like their hair routines must be so simple...but it's not! lol Just different.

But I knew I was having an urge to straighten and if I didn't get to it, I'd end up in a chair in Atlantic City getting a keratin treatment as The Crazy took over. I'm always like this around my period. I get the strangest impulses to do some beauty regimen. Must be my body's last ditch effort to get that egg used!
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.