Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I mix aloe vera gel with water and a few drops of Essential Oil and use this as a refresher spray on second or third day hair. I would say a little less than 1/3 of aloe vera gel and the rest water. HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by aries View Post
    I do notice heaviness with JC products but it's the only thing I have found that doesn't mess with my scalp as much as other products. I don't use any of their stuff besides shampoo, conditioner and sometimes the softening oil. I thought maybe if I used some of the leave in products to help curls hold it would help.

Where do you get the items you have listed? I haven't heard of them.

Thank you for all the ideas. I am thinking about trying CO again and seeing if that brings curl back also. When I tried it about 3 1/2 years ago, it worked pretty good, I just had to find the right conditioners and now don't remember what they were lol. Cone Free though.
    I've used Jessicurl's Confident Coils as a curl cream as well. After a leave-in, I finger combed CCSS, plopped using a Curlease towel and then scrunched in some gel. It worked really well.

Afrokinks and Curlmart are a great place to start, because they carry a variety of curly haired products. Afrokinks carries, Jessicurl, Karen's Body Beautiful, GoingOhm, Donna Marie, Curls, Komaza... If I remember correctly, they do charge a handling charge .. but the shipping was comparable to other companies and the customer service was good. Going Ohm and Afroveda sites charge a lot for shipping. They don't give you a lot of options, so you have to pay alot for shipping. I usually order my Ohm products through Afrokinks.

HTH !!! I confess I am a total Product Junkie ... in case the list above didn't already tell you !!!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I just got the tubs of Boots Curl Creme I ordered after Curlsgirl's recommendation. I wound up with the pink container after all (which is what I wanted after reading up on NaturallyCurly).

I'm going to go try it out without any other products and see what happens.

Edit: My mom decided combing my hair out with her fingers was a better idea, so I epic frizz instead. -_-
    Last edited by GlassEyes; April 14th, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

I'm wurly!

It'll take me a while to read through this whole thread, though. I've already received so many good ideas!

I currently wear my hair up all the time and it's pretty much tangle free with just bun waves or braid waves when I comb while wet and then braid or bun it until dry.

I like the versatility of smooth updos that look like my hair is straight, and I thoroughly enjoy finger combing, but I hope to eventually learn how to let my hair go curly. So far all attempts at air-drying with it down have turned into disasters, and oil just made it worse (I'll have to work on that habit of playing with my hair) but reading all these responses I'm confident that with some practice, trial and error, and a little self-control someday I'll learn to showcase those beautiful waves and ringlets that God gave me!

So thank you everyone for the inspiration and helpful suggestions!

My plan right now is to wait until my recent updo and fingercombing craze has calmed down a bit so that it'll be easier for me to ignore my hair and let it do its thing. In the meantime I'll keep reading! Most of this stuff is new to me and I'm having so much fun learning about it and putting it into practice.

Length
    13/13+:)/42+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Myhair has split personality.It can't decide if it's wurly or curly. I'm afraid that I'll lose a lot of my texture as it gets longer.

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Any curlies (or wurlies) out there have any hair do's they'd like to share? I have tried several of the hair do's on this site, but I would like to see pictures of "curly/wavy" do's. Thanks.

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Newly diagnosed wurly reporting for duty! *salutes*

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Length
    22 in/23 in/Waist
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by swirlytresses View Post
    Any curlies (or wurlies) out there have any hair do's they'd like to share? I have tried several of the hair do's on this site, but I would like to see pictures of "curly/wavy" do's. Thanks.
    I second this request. I'm getting tired of the standard bun.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by swirlytresses View Post
    I really really like spidermom's bun. I like it even more than my modified chinese bun.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    I really really like spidermom's bun. I like it even more than my modified chinese bun.
    I will have to give this one a try. Thanks for the link.