Page 132 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2186

Thread: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Length
    CL/APL/happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Nightshade, your hair is so lovely, and the color you've worked so hard to achieve looks brilliant on you! It never ceases to amaze me the different varieties of shades you can get out of henna mixes!
    " And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"- Nietzche

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Your hair is gorgeous, Nightshade! And to second Auni, you have worked so hard to achieve the right color.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    pixie/26.5/34
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you Auni and Nightshade. I found an apothecary not too far where they carry hibiscus so I'll try that next. Both of you have gorgeous colour! It's good to know its possible to achieve that burgundy tone without it too, in case I don't have hibiscus on hand or available to me.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Aw, thanks ladies I actually loved the color, just not on me. I looked like I was a zombie with jaundice. So I'm not coming here to say copper is better (I actually creep on this thread because I love the pictures of the deeper henna colors)! Just to say that yeah, repeated applications of henna will darken up nicely over time.

Length
    pixie/26.5/34
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Do you think it would be possible to use dried hibiscus flower if I ground it up or blended it myself? That shop I wrote in my last post told me they only had the dried flower rather than the powder.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlilly21 View Post
    Do you think it would be possible to use dried hibiscus flower if I ground it up or blended it myself? That shop I wrote in my last post told me they only had the dried flower rather than the powder.
    Absolutely. You could also make a very strong tea from the whole flowers instead. I used to do that with my Indian herb cleansing mixes.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't think so. I mean, you CAN, but getting the amount and sift you'll want is going to be very very challenging. You'd be better off ordering it online if possible.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlilly21 View Post
    Absolutely! That's what I use. I purchase dried hibiscus flowers from the health food store, put it through my coffee grinder and add it to my henna mix.

Your hair does look awesome Nightshade and there's no need to tread gently in our thread. We are honoured to have you amongst us

Length
    PIXIE/WAIST/WAIST
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Hey Nightshade, would you say you're cool toned or warm toned in skin? You mentioned the past henna being unflattering. I'm kinda wanting to go the deep henna route, but I think I'm smitten more with the colour than how it would look on me. I'm like a very yellowy pale colour myself, think fair Greek or East Asian. I've been a ginger-ish colour and I think it made me look kinda muddy and tan, but I feel like deep reds might bring out darkness under my eyes.
    long hair aesthetic とゞヤ

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy Stardust View Post
    Hey Nightshade, would you say you're cool toned or warm toned in skin? You mentioned the past henna being unflattering. I'm kinda wanting to go the deep henna route, but I think I'm smitten more with the colour than how it would look on me. I'm like a very yellowy pale colour myself, think fair Greek or East Asian. I've been a ginger-ish colour and I think it made me look kinda muddy and tan, but I feel like deep reds might bring out darkness under my eyes.
    Well, I wear Meow Siamese (neutral), and without my hair dyed I'm a Summer (so cooled toned), but with henna I'm an Autumn (warm). I do think I tend to have pretty neutral skin because I bridged that gap so easily, but maybe it's just because I'm so damn pale :P