Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ignoring a user...

Default Re: Ignoring a user...

Last edited by wintersun99; February 19th, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Length
    3"/20"/30"
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

2. Set out to be as deliberately offensive as possible.

Easily counteracted by rereading your own post before you post it, and trying to imagine someone else saying such a thing to you. Also, the less generalizations the better.
    There is at least one person who would technically be any offensive slur word or minority group you can think of, here on this board. Whether that is gender, ethnicity, religion, age, you name it, try to keep it PC.
    And if you think you may offend, offer an apology with your post including a request for a better way to phrase what you are trying to say. I have noticed that most people here want to help each other get along.

And using smilies helps to get tone of voice across through print. Including a when you intend sarcasm really helps. Or writing "/sarcasm" afterwards.

Don't post when angry, or compose your message but come back to it later to make sure it isn't inflammatory.

Yeah, there aren't really rules, but this is how I (think I) stay off of ignore lists.

~____________________________~~____________________________~

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

3. Use a colour other than nice clear black, a different font from the default and a tiny (for extra unreadability) or overlarge (to make the post annoyingly large and unwieldy) size so that people (not JUST middleaged people such as myself who should be wearing their reading glasses, but aren't) have difficulty reading your output.

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jivete View Post
    Haha. Reading this thread has me feeling like I'm back in Junior High. OMG, they're totally talking about me. Wait, is that broccoli in my teeth?

me too! now I am wondering if my posts are like blogs...... totally insecure now......
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

4. forget the edit button exists

Seriously though.. all that in jest. It really is something everyone will determine for themselves. I have three or so people on ignore, I am sure LOTS have me on ignore. I don't mind being on ignore *shrug* I don't know about it anyway

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Mod Hat On . . . again.

We do not need to innumerate all of the ways that a member's (or many members's) posting habits irritate us. We each have our pet peeves. We each have our limits on what we can tolerate when we read a discussion board.

There is NO NEED to bring slow poison to LHC.
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    bob/Waist/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm terribly sorry for my part.

I was actually thinking it would be good to know what sort of things I should make sure I'm not doing in future. I know I made it sound funny, but I did think that I'd like to know what the common things are that annoy others.

It would give me sort of a checklist of "what not to do's" that I thought might be valuable.

Again, I"m sorry.

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by K_Angel View Post
    I'm terribly sorry for my part.

I was actually thinking it would be good to know what sort of things I should make sure I'm not doing in future. I know I made it sound funny, but I did think that I'd like to know what the common things are that annoy others.

It would give me sort of a checklist of "what not to do's" that I thought might be valuable.

Again, I"m sorry.
    The best things to follow are the guidelines which you agreed to obey when you joined.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherbear View Post
    Mod Hat On . . . again.

We do not need to innumerate all of the ways that a member's (or many members's) posting habits irritate us. We each have our pet peeves. We each have our limits on what we can tolerate when we read a discussion board.

There is NO NEED to bring slow poison to LHC.
    Not to be contrary, but I really don't think talking about something that's annoying people and getting these things out in the open is any more a "slow poison" than the "everyone be nice on the surface." I guess to me fake and nice is worse than forthright and tactfully honest.