Page 121 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2186

Thread: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Length
    CL/APL/happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

So how many times have you guys frozen and thawed henna? I'm doing my roots tomorrow, and using some frozen stuff from my last henna, and I know I'll have left overs but am nervous about refreezing.
    " And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"- Nietzche

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Auni View Post
    So how many times have you guys frozen and thawed henna? I'm doing my roots tomorrow, and using some frozen stuff from my last henna, and I know I'll have left overs but am nervous about refreezing.
    Your fine. I do it all the time. Nothing to be nervous about.

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by texangrrl View Post
    The vegetable glycerin is a natural preservative so it shouldn't need refrigeration in small batches and I could use guar gum as a thickening agent for a rinse out conditioner. I have another thread on acv infusions for rinses, but I was thinking I could use some of the infusion as a base for a leave in spray.
    Cool! I've never tried this. Vitamin E is a natural preservative also. The vinegar infusion sound very interesting also. I never thought of that before. Good one
    Please let us know how it works.

Length
    33/33/33
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Don't worry. It's fine. Think of frozen berries: you can refreeze them as many times as you like and they will still stain your fingertips. I have refrozen a large batch three times. I could have done it more, but I used it all. My hair is a deep natural red from my Indian henna.

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Don't worry. It's fine. Think of frozen berries: you can refreeze them as many times as you like and they will still stain your fingertips. I have refrozen a large batch three times. I could have done it more, but I used it all. My hair is a deep natural red from my Indian henna.
    HEY! We have a lemon lime POPSICLE!!!
    Love them things
    Greetings
    Great analogy by the way

Length
    CL/APL/happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Yes POPSICLE, thats is a great analogy! Thanks guys, nerves gone!
    " And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"- Nietzche

Length
    33/33/33
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    HEY! We have a lemon lime POPSICLE!!!
    Love them things
    Greetings
    Great analogy by the way
    Thanks, I'm having fun here! Yes, lemon-lime is my fav flavor too; cool and sweet just like me!

Length
    33/33/33
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Auni View Post
    Yes POPSICLE, thats is a great analogy! Thanks guys, nerves gone!
    I'm glad you can be calm now-- Henna should be a relaxing and refreshing experience. I love that it works in a way that doesn't require rushing things at all. It can be a very "Zen" experience -- quite a treat!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    I'm glad you can be calm now-- Henna should be a relaxing and refreshing experience. I love that it works in a way that doesn't require rushing things at all. It can be a very "Zen" experience -- quite a treat!
    Welcome to LHC and welcome to this thread, Popsicle.

It really is very pampering -- a treat. I pulled some a henna/hibiscus gloss out of the freezer this a.m. When it defrosts, I'm going to spend several hours with it on my hair to color my roots and freshen my color. I'm looking forward to it.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Account Closed by Member Request

Dye day!! Im sitting here with my mix under a baggy and a heat cap. I used 150g of the henna amla mix, 1 tablespoon ground hibiscus prepared with rosehip tea and two teaspoons of lemon juice, forgot to add the tea tree oil, dah.
    Left that sit for dye release and then prepared the indigo a few hours ago with a black coffee, black tea, coconut milk mix and a teaspoon of himalayan salt.
    The indigo had a super strong dye release, never had seen the surface so saturated. The henna is a deep shade and doesnt look llike it has that much boom by the swatch on my hand but we will see. I will keep it on for 3-4 more hours and then rinse.

ETA: Indigo was 100g. I cant do more than 300g powder in total but i can cover most of my hair pretty well by dipping my hands in the leftover coffee at the end watering the mix a bit down and wraping my hair around my head really closely.

eTA2: Im really really excited, i just needed to peek and it looks like a muted eggplant color.

Does it make sense to add tea tree oils to my rinse later, will it help oxidize the color later on or is it just for dye release?
    Last edited by MINAKO; April 25th, 2015 at 10:36 AM.