Page 120 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1354

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

I wash every 4ish days. I like wearing my hair down. Plus I work in a sweaty kitchen lol.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Yes, I know whatcha mean on that note. I have a cousin that also washes her hair every other day as well, and she has never complained about any hair or scalp problems. I've noticed when I try to stretch my washes I get an itchy scalp, and my hair looks gross too. So, that's why I wash every other day. Or, sometimes everyday too, and if I'm washing everyday I don't use shampoo. I just use conditioner. Which is meaning co-washing.
    Admittedly, sometimes I'll wash my hair again the day after, if for some reason it's bothering me. I've never tried co washing but I'm pretty sure my scalp wouldn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    I wash every 4ish days. I like wearing my hair down. Plus I work in a sweaty kitchen lol.
    I don't really like wearing my hair down. I'll leave it down while it's drying ... or for a bit while I'm watching TV. But I never wear it loose outside my home. I do like to wear low ponytails. But really that's about as loose as I can do.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Mystery View Post
    Admittedly, sometimes I'll wash my hair again the day after, if for some reason it's bothering me. I've never tried co washing but I'm pretty sure my scalp wouldn't have it.

I don't really like wearing my hair down. I'll leave it down while it's drying ... or for a bit while I'm watching TV. But I never wear it loose outside my home. I do like to wear low ponytails. But really that's about as loose as I can do.
    I bet you do wash it the day after. Especially, if it's bothering you. Me too. Yes, I've read and heard that some people can't co wash. Their hair and scalp doesn't like it. Well, I can say for me that my hair and scalp loves it. Since I do co wash I do clarify at least once a month to get rid of the build-up.

Length
    Chin/36.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I believe school of fish has mentioned she's a daily washer like you guys, and also a 1a-ish texture, as I recall. Maybe she'll pop by.

I stretch my washes to every 3-4 days, usually with the final 24+ hours being an oil treatment prior to CWC. I do love me some oil....mmmmm oil.... (read <- that with your Homer Simpson voice).
    <- Me, bellydancing in HAIR ~

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alissalocks View Post
    I believe school of fish has mentioned she's a daily washer like you guys, and also a 1a-ish texture, as I recall. Maybe she'll pop by.

I stretch my washes to every 3-4 days, usually with the final 24+ hours being an oil treatment prior to CWC. I do love me some oil....mmmmm oil.... (read <- that with your Homer Simpson voice).
    Oh hai!

Yes indeed I do wash daily, my hair is happiest that way. My texture has been 1a most of my life, although since my last pregnancy 2/3 of my hair has been growing in with a strong 2b pattern. Even so, my hair still behaves very much like the 1a it's always been
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    10/BSL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I don't wash unless it's affecting my mood or the hair's going public around my coworkers like at a staff meeting (it's usually up in a hair cover for work duties).

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Additionally, if my hair gets oily rather quickly and I don't want to shampoo it, I'll cowash. I'll be deep conditioning today.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by school of fish View Post
    Oh hai!

Yes indeed I do wash daily, my hair is happiest that way. My texture has been 1a most of my life, although since my last pregnancy 2/3 of my hair has been growing in with a strong 2b pattern. Even so, my hair still behaves very much like the 1a it's always been
    My hair is a lot happier if I wash daily too! I've noticed that I have less hair breakage or shedding from the greasiness. Even though I have chemically treated hair I still consider it fine. Because, when you relax it it changes the texture of your curly hair to straight fine hair. Plus, I color it too, and my hair still gets greasy after a day or so. But the good part about it is that I don't use shampoo every single day. I do co-washes instead. My hair and scalp is a lot happier that way.

Length
    1 in/23 in/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm a 1b, and I'm having a difficult time getting my hair super shiny... I'm going silver so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. And anyone has a good cone for slippage? I think I need more

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Additionally, if my hair gets oily rather quickly and I don't want to shampoo it, I'll cowash. I'll be deep conditioning today.
    I was thinking about giving cowashing a try. Do you have an oily scalp? I do and I'm not sure how it will react to it, I'm afraid of a breakout.