Page 12 of 524 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay it Forward Swap

Length
    Hip/Fgtip/More!

Default Re: Pay it Forward Swap

I would like to claim DweamGoiL's slide if that's OK. I have been looking for a present for a friend and I think it would be perfect for her!

GIFTED Then, I would like to offer these GTS cedar wood bullet sticks: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/4950438

Last edited by Kamir0; July 15th, 2014 at 05:26 AM.
    Hip...Tailbone...Classic...Fingertip...?

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

From a tracking point of view, I think it's better to just take the risk with the international shipping. Yes, things get lost very occasionally (I'm still waiting on a fork that was sent in May from the US) but I think there are probably a few swap-angels watching who would be happy to make it up to someone whose item got lost.

Now if someone can't get to a post office to fill the forms out I think that's different and understandable. Don't Be A, er, Deliberately unconstructive person is what it all comes down to, and it seems like most people are doing it right so far (though maybe I just haven't been active here long enough to be cynical!)

Account Closed by Member Request

I usually ship my international and US items in a padded envelope with cardboard (and lots of tape! ) and hope that is ok for international folks. I'm armed and ready....

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

All right, I'll edit my op to say: "please offer items with worldwide shipping. If you aren't able to cover the shipping costs worldwide, it's okay to ask you giftee to cover reasonable shipping costs."

Sound good? Should I change any parts of that?
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter

Length
    Hip/Fgtip/More!

Oh oops! Go ahead Cania!
    Hip...Tailbone...Classic...Fingertip...?

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

I think the gifter should be allowed to have the freedom to choose and set the parameter.

On both ends things that should be taken to account:

1) reliability of both mail carriers as some people are worried about safe arrival even with tracking. But if it's for a toy someone really wants and are willing to take the risk they should state it.

2) VAT and other laws that a foreign country may have. I always feel so guilty when someone requests that I put a lower value so that it can easily pass through customs. I don't mind doing the request but at the same time if anything happens than I would loose protection on my end. Also bringing in the rules of Paypal is another concern for others as well as bank transfers and fees.

3) some people aren't just comfortable with filling out customs even though people say it is easy. I've had Chromis walk me through this when I was a beginner. So for beginner swappers they should state if they need assistance.

These are just some issues and I agree with Quasi in that it should be at the gifter's freedom to be able to choose what they are comfortable in. I'm also happy to split for internationals but beginners should be able to choose and not be forced as they could opt to participate.

Length
    <3in/~APL/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Rowie, I think with your points 1) and 2) the giftee should accept responsibility. If it gets lost, it gets lost. You shouldn't have to write a false value if you are uncomfortable. If a giftee can't deal with that, they won't come forward. Then the onus is not on you as a gifter.

Then yes, people can help with how to fill out the forms, and everyone gets to play!

Length
    Chin/APL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I don't like the "dibs" thing. Quasi stipulated that when you post a picture, you claim the previous item. "Dibs" just holds everything up and it confuses things when the thread moves on.

Just my $0.02

ETA: Maybe she didn't stipulated it that way. I took this to mean, you call dibs and post a picture all in the same post. But maybe I took that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasiquixotic View Post
    A little bit of over thinking, I'm not passing judgement on your item. You call dibs and post a photo of what you are offering. PM me your address. I like to do RAOK as a first come first served thing. So the first one to post a photo can have my fork.
    Last edited by Scarlet_Heart; July 14th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kamir0 View Post
    Oh oops! Go ahead Cania!
    Ladies, I don't mind either way, but if Cania posts her offering photos soon, then Kamir0, you should remove your toy unless you're taking what Cania offers. If Cania does not post her pic within 24 hrs, the agreed time, then it goes to you Kamir0 and your current offering stands. Does that seem fair?

However, I do agree with this:

"I don't like the "dibs" thing. Quasi stipulated that when you post a picture, you claim the previous item. "Dibs" just holds everything up and it confuses things when the thread moves on."

Dibs should be when you post your picture or listing with your current offering so the thread can keep moving on.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; July 14th, 2014 at 09:47 AM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Hmm, I hear you on that. Okay what about people who can't take a photo of their stash right away? Maybe purchase link? What about a swap item? Or how about a time limit, you dibs and then have 1/4/6/? hrs to post a photo of your toy?

Thoughts?

Eta: cross post with dweamgoil, I like that. Do others think that's an okay amount of time?
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter