Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thinthondiel View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that... do you mean that after you stripped the sebum, your hair started producing more sebum again so that you had to wash it more often? Because I don't see how hair sebum-stripped hair would otherwise make you have to wash your hair more often.

I've clarified a few times since I went WO, and I'm always able to go longer without a wash after that, because my scalp produces so little sebum now that it takes a while before my hair gets coated with sebum again.
    Yeah. It doesn't really make sense to me, but I washed my hair and then it got greasy within a few days, so it must have started producing more sebum again. I'd actually been hoping that after not washing it for six weeks I'd be producing less sebum and could wash my hair once a week or so, but that didn't happen.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

OK, another question...I see that preening/massaging,brushing daily helps distribute sebum and clean the hair/scalp. I'm a chronic hand plower, always running my hands and fingers through my hair. Would this serve any benefit to spreading the sebum down the length (in addition to the p/m/b)?
    Growing out again since August 2019
    pixie
    ~ cl ~ sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~.......?

Length
    23/23/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Absolutely, playing with your hair will definitely be beneficial.

I rarely use my BBB anymore, just to smooth the canopy, but I run my fingers through my hair all the time.
    Once I got the sebum through my length, all I do for maintenance is to scritch my scalp and play with my hair.

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Awesome! I think I'm jumping in to the WO pool again, hee hee. This is day two for me only using water. I'm coming from S&C every day/ every other day so I may be in for one heck of a transition but I'm pretty determined this time. Can't wait to see what happens. I'm taking pics every day to kinda document what's happening. Today I'm definitely greasier on top than normal and my middle and ends are sorta dry but I'm doing the preening/massaging/brushing routine at night and in the morning and of course, constantly playing with my hair.

I've totally gotten away from using products except for my head so I think it's time to include it too. We'll see how it goes...
    Growing out again since August 2019
    pixie
    ~ cl ~ sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~.......?

Length
    21'/24'/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by twolunarspring View Post
    Thank you very much - sounds interesting
    One more question: do you use normal chai teabags from the store or do you blend your own? Sorry if you've already said... the thread is kinda long!

I know this thread is sooo long! I just use teabags from the store. I have done 100% WO for 4 weeks but then I switched to egg washes once week (no shampoo) it works wonderfully much better than shampoo... My last rinse is to make sure I dont get any smell from the eggs plus it gives me shine, but I tried without the rinse and my hair doesnt smell at all. i havent used shampoo for the last two months and a half and I am not going back to it!

Length
    24/29/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Hi!
    Can I check in? Last shampoo wash was 11 days ago. First and at least last WO was 6 days ago. Tomorrow I will try the second WO.
    I hope it will work.

I have tried it some time ago and always the first WO was gorgeous and the second a desaster so that I do a shampoo wash again.

This time i will give it a longer try.
    Just let it grow...back to my natural hair colour and as long as it grows...

Length
    14 in/28 in/35 in
    Type
    1c/M/ii

This is a fine thread. How often is it good to do WO washes? My hair is slightly dry, but as I sweat in gym workouts 3 times a week, I also wish to wash the sweat away after workouts.

Length
    24/29/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Hi Elvi,
    so if you want to wash WO three times a week try it. I think there is no rule about how often.

I have also really dry hair and scalp an I want to wash 1 WO a week, but in the time of re-setting I will wash when I think my hair needs it. (or if I think my mind needs it to feel good)

Length
    waist/40"/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Well, I have just filled my hair with Lush caca rouge henna... wish me luck rinsing it out with no shampoo!

Length
    24/29/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Good Luck!
    I think about if that would be possible last night...but I came to the thought that there is too much cacao butter.
    So I am really interested in your result!