Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    XD Curly Girl isn't natural anyway, Gypsycurls, unless you're using all natural conditioners or something. Most of us here use Suave or VO5, and no matter how much Suave 'Naturals' bottles say 'natural, they aren't. They're chock full o'chemicals. xD;
    Good point! I don't really avoid chemicals It's just cones that don't let moisture get into my hair that I don't really like.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

For me, it's cones, mineral oil, and some waxes I don't/can't use, mostly the last one. Waxes do things to myhair cones never did. XD;; And I can still use cones, but it means washing my hair with shampoo often and less shine, though I get more volume, I think.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks for the replies, Curlygirl and GlassEyes! I actually like to use the more natural hair products from Whole Foods and The Body Shop (there are definitely chemicals in them of course, but they are as natural as possible and still work), rather than buy your average drugstore products. My hair seems to like cones in conditioners, but not serums. Those never did anything good for my hair!

During the summer and early fall, I was using nothing but V05 co and my hair was moisturized and happy. I think I may be able to go CG in the warmth and maybe be a conehead in just the cold weather
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    18/30/38
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    I'm a new curly - and I mean that literally. My hair went from totally stick straight to curly when I was 40. I still have some bits that are straight, and then I have some bits on top of my head that ringlet. It's crazy.
    Glad to hear about others who have experiences the same. My hair went from 1A/B to 2C in a few years and it feels like it's getting curlier by the roots. I have had so much learning to do because dealing with wavy and curly hair is entirely different than straight hair. Sometimes I miss having straight hair because it's easier but on the other hand curls are really beautiful and unique.

Length
    18/30/38
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    I'm a new curly - and I mean that literally. My hair went from totally stick straight to curly when I was 40. I still have some bits that are straight, and then I have some bits on top of my head that ringlet. It's crazy.
    Glad to hear about others who have experienced the same. My hair went from 1A/B to 2C in a few years and it feels like it's getting curlier by the roots. I have had so much learning to do because dealing with wavy and curly hair is entirely different than straight hair. Sometimes I miss having straight hair because it's easier but on the other hand curls are really beautiful and unique.

This past summer I totally fell off the wagon and started using cones and sulfates again. I couldn't help it, they opened an Ulta in my town . In a weak shopping moment I purchased Abba and Back to Basics conditioners, all which had cones. I had 5 liter-sized bottles and I spent the summer experimenting with them. They all built up really quickly in my hair and I decided that cones were not for me. I'm currently using Giovanni conditioners (also available at Ulta ) and I went back to my sulfate-free Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and Giovanni shampoos.

I gave away most of my cone laden conditioners, but I still have 2 liters of Abba that I use as shaving lotion. I will not need to buy shaving cream for a LONG time, if ever again.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Cones =
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

I find myself wondering how someone figured out what cones do to hair? I think most everything I buy has at least one cone in them. I haven't a clue what causes my hair to behave in different ways...Sometimes I'm a head full of frizzy curls, other times a head full of bouncy curls, and other times even get a frazzly but straight canopy. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't the product as much as it is what I do with it and what time I wash it. I say this because I can get all those results all on the same product.

The one thing I've noticed is that sometimes my hair is dryer than others with a certain product and other times it is fairly lank with another. I know the product that gives me that lank haired look is Pantene, but that is about all I can say for sure...

After 3 years here you'd think I'd have figured out a few things! DOH!
    AutumnLeaves

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Cones =
    Hee hee you're funny girlcat

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    I find myself wondering how someone figured out what cones do to hair? I think most everything I buy has at least one cone in them. I haven't a clue what causes my hair to behave in different ways...Sometimes I'm a head full of frizzy curls, other times a head full of bouncy curls, and other times even get a frazzly but straight canopy. I've come to the conclusion that it isn't the product as much as it is what I do with it and what time I wash it. I say this because I can get all those results all on the same product.

The one thing I've noticed is that sometimes my hair is dryer than others with a certain product and other times it is fairly lank with another. I know the product that gives me that lank haired look is Pantene, but that is about all I can say for sure...

After 3 years here you'd think I'd have figured out a few things! DOH!
    Same thing with Pantene for me! I can use pretty much any shampoo and rinse out conditioner and get almost the same results. The difference for me is the leave-in part. I get a LOT of difference depending on that and also the way I let it dry. The more I leave it alone the better it does.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/M/ii

I'm with Girlcat, cones destroyed my hair (I promise I will post pics soon!!). Of course, I was unknowingly abusing them (COed with a dimethicone condish for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT). Still, I'm terrified to go anywhere near them!

AutumnLeaves, most of the different ways my hair can look are due to weather. Not only humidity, but temperature make a huge difference for me. Cold humid days and hot humid days make very different hair!

The other 2 variables are: how much I disturb the curl pattern when I rinse/blot/apply product, and how much my hair is disturbed when drying.

Product doesn't make all that much difference, though I guess I have only tried 3 or 4 leave-ins this year.