Page 114 of 1268 FirstFirst ... 14641041121131141151161241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 12673

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Fngrs
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Thank you all for the welcome.

Metal spiral sticks from the Icing in very wet and sloppy Celtic Knot bun.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I'm considering coming back and doing this challenge again for several reasons.

1- I'm in a hair toy rut. I wear my hair in a folded braid with a plastic claw clip very nearly every day.

2- I have many beautiful hair toys that I love so much just gathering dust in glasses.

3- I want to get back to taking more pictures in general. Taking pictures of the back of my head is a good start.

4- I think my hair sucks so I need to take more pictures to prove that it doesn't.

5- I've slipped back into 'lurker mode' here at LHC. I want to get back out in the open some more.

So, I hope you don't mind me hanging around here for a couple months.

Length
    0cm/33 in/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Hurrah! welcome back ajoifulnoise! I enjoyed seeing all your styles in the earlier posts, it will be ace to see you again

Chocoholic bookworm little_acorn's Avatar
    Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Isa-belle stunning, those sticks and bun look awesome

Masara stunning hair and I that stick

RoseRedDead your wet celtic knot looks great and I love your twisty sticks

AJoifulNoise yippeeee your back int he challenge - welcome back

Ok I did a Nautilus today held up with my Hansen Wicked stick

Length
    14/37/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Rose red dead, those sticks are perfect for a celtic bun
    Ajoiful noise, looking forward to seeing more of your collection.
    Little acorn, I love the colour of that stick;

Proof that you should never leave the house without checking the back of your head in a mirror. The world's hairiest Elling woman bun (we had antiquité morning and it seemed apt) with Ravenslair Celtic knot pins and an interesting piece of fluff I fear was attached to my head all day without me realising

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Monkthemonk called this a "pawn", not sure why. White ebony and turquoise:

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Fngrs
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Metal Fleur de Lis stick from The Icing in a Dutch-braided Spidermom's Bun That Stays.

I love those spiral sticks too...

Now that I'm a actually taking pics of the back of my head, I am amazed at how pretty my updo's are! (I very rarely take a mirror and look at my updo's after I finish them...)

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Day 1: Figure 8 held by "Amyrine" hair stick by Anafiassa on Etsy

I tried desperately to capture the colors and the beauty of this stick, but it really is something best enjoyed in person. The seller did a much better job than I could when she listed this one, which is almost an exact match to mine. The only difference is that I requested darker dangle beads.

My pictures:

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Holy poo Wendy G! Those monkthemonk pieces you've posted recently are AMAZING-- that abalone fork is absolutely mind boggling, and I LOOOOVE the pawn too. I'm absolutely green with envy!
    There have been tons of beatiful hairtoys posted on here, just gorgeous (love that beetnik stick, lil acorn)!

I am also thinking that I need to rejoin this challenge-- I have tons of beautiful things that don't get worn enough; now that I did those two big posts on the swap board, almost everything that I have left is stuff that I really love and don't want to get rid of, so I need to WEAR it. I need to retrieve a lot of things from my parents house, but I have enough here for a week or two.

Here's my contributions so far (sorry my hair is so frizzy, I tried combing with wet hair and the tangle teaser... not for me!):

Curved hairstick (Agatewood) from Purplewisteria. The finish is smooth, but not shiny and amazing like a Graydog/ monkthemonk/ papadonh, however the shape is awesome, you flip the ends in after you are done, and it holds like a rock without sticking out.

Red gum spiral from mooreartstudio. Once again, it's smooth, but not a mind boggling smooth finish like a papadonh (Timberstone turnings has the best finish of all, IMO). Both sticks are pretty, though!

Both are Magic Knot buns, I'm in a bit of a hair style rut-- magic knot/ nautilus (and variations, artemis and the hypnobun are the most common)/ cinnabun. Hopefully this challenge will help me with that, too!

I've been wanting to join this challenge, but every time I try to take a picture, my batteries die. I swear my camera eats batteries.

But I'm trying -

Cedar lilliputian 4 prong Threnody in a cinnabun. This fork held really well all day, even after a vigorous playing session with the dogs.

Last edited by time_on_fire; March 3rd, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: (trying to subscribe)