Page 11 of 303 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Growing Chin to Shoulder-length? Post here!

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I'm dyeing my hair right now, dark brown! Only the roots though, I'm trying some sort of ombre effect.. stay tuned :P

(I did throw away half of the developer.. BY ACCIDENT. AARGH! Hopefully it will stick.. it's just rinse anyway)

http://myboringhair.tumblr.com/post/...aid-my-hair-my and I made a video of how I braid my hair ^^ (I was bored, yeah :P)
    Thanks for the video --cute and love the music! I like that you keep the braid so close to your face; haven't tried it like that yet but I will now.

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    Good luck, AnnaB! And don't cut it all off, trust me! It takes forever and ever to grow out a pixie! DX And it just looks awful through 90% of the growing out process. I doubt I will ever go that short again...and if I do, I'll never grow it out again!

Ah thank you for encouragement. I hate how damaged my hair is, people dont believe me when I tell them that after a wash its like elastic bands and literally just brakes off in huge chunks.

I really want healthy hair, hence the urge to cut, but my hair is chin length and I hate how short it is

I think it'll be about 2 years before i'll be able to grow damage out

its also still blonde, and its a constant reminder of how stupid I have been for bleaching it
    I think henna and indigo the way forward.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaB View Post
    Ah thank you for encouragement. I hate how damaged my hair is, people dont believe me when I tell them that after a wash its like elastic bands and literally just brakes off in huge chunks.

I really want healthy hair, hence the urge to cut, but my hair is chin length and I hate how short it is

its also still blonde, and its a constant reminder of how stupid I have been for bleaching it
    Hello and welcome!

All is not lost, you found LHC, yay!

Check out the other forums for information on henna and indigo. I think you gotta be careful when you put the over bleached hair, but I'm sure people will be able to help.

Happy growing!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaB View Post

Oh, sounds like it needs protein! It won't totally fix your hair, but it should keep it from breaking off like that. I would just beat an egg, apply it to your hair, leave it for 15 min, then rinse out with (cool! not warm!) water. Then do a deep conditioning (I just put a lot of conditioner on my head, then wrap it in a towel for an hour, then rinse out).
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    Hello and welcome!

All is not lost, you found LHC, yay!

Check out the other forums for information on henna and indigo. I think you gotta be careful when you put the over bleached hair, but I'm sure people will be able to help.

Happy growing!
    Thank you
    Finding LHC was definitely one of the best things that happened to me! luck wise at least
    I have done lots and lots of research on here about henna and indigo and I think as long as its natural and I do strand tests I should be okay

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    Oh, sounds like it needs protein! It won't totally fix your hair, but it should keep it from breaking off like that. I would just beat an egg, apply it to your hair, leave it for 15 min, then rinse out with (cool! not warm!) water. Then do a deep conditioning (I just put a lot of conditioner on my head, then wrap it in a towel for an hour, then rinse out).
    Thank you for advise
    I do, do that already, but beat the egg with olive oil and some honey
    Also bought some protein treatment but still waiting in the post for it.
    Resisting a cut is definitely hard work

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I haven't checked this thread in a while, but need to gripe:

My hair is driving me berzerk! It seems to look the same length day after day, and is messy looking if I leave it down. I've been pinning up everything in front of my ears every stinking day, and that helps some.

My strategy is just to try to ignore it until Labor Day--Sept 3rd, the unnofficial end of summer in the U.S.--then I'll look at it and see how it's progressing.

I think I slap on a SMT today, and henna my roots next week. Henna makes everything better.
    end of gripe

annaB--have you considered cassia? You can get it from a local Indian store or on-line. I think you'll get similiar results as henna, but not the red/orange color. Cassia treatments only last about 3 weeks, but it should help. I'm not spectacular on the computer, but I'll try to add a link: http://www.mehandi.com/shop/cassiaobovatabuy.html You'll need to rinse it out really well, and follow up with a SMT, because it can dry out your scalp. (henna dries me out horribly, but my soft, sparkely hair is SO worth it.)

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedsusan View Post
    I haven't checked this thread in a while, but need to gripe:

My hair is driving me berzerk! It seems to look the same length day after day, and is messy looking if I leave it down. I've been pinning up everything in front of my ears every stinking day, and that helps some.

My strategy is just to try to ignore it until Labor Day--Sept 3rd, the unnofficial end of summer in the U.S.--then I'll look at it and see how it's progressing.

I think I slap on a SMT today, and henna my roots next week. Henna makes everything better.
    end of gripe

annaB--have you considered cassia? You can get it from a local Indian store or on-line. I think you'll get similiar results as henna, but not the red/orange color. Cassia treatments only last about 3 weeks, but it should help. I'm not spectacular on the computer, but I'll try to add a link: http://www.mehandi.com/shop/cassiaobovatabuy.html You'll need to rinse it out really well, and follow up with a SMT, because it can dry out your scalp. (henna dries me out horribly, but my soft, sparkely hair is SO worth it.)
    their were SEVERAL months, while I was growing out my pixie, that my hair seemed to not be growing, at ALL! It was awful, I feel your pain. But near the end of it, I saw that while I hadn't gotten much length (like...1/2", after something like 4 or 5 months!), I had gotten a lot of thickness at the ends. Like a bunch of tiny layers were catching up to each other or something (even though I wasn't trimming at the time). Then it just started growing like normal again. I think it's just a part of the process v__v;
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Hi all! I'm over on the shoulder to apl because my hair is just brushing apl stretched. With shrinkage, it's lower neck length, touching my shoulders in the back but not quite in the front. Mind if I join the fun?
    Dry and Curly: CHIN +, SHOULDERS, APL, BSL, MBL, WAIST

Straight: SHOULDERS, UBL, APL +, BSL, MBL, WAIST, LBL, TBL, CLASSIC

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hi domisimone! C'mon in!

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedsusan View Post
    *Empathy* I am in the same boat!! My hair is at a weird length where it doesn't look good down and my old stand-by of pinning it up on the sides makes my hair look like a rectangle mullet-looking thing even though I patiently cut the mullet off while growing out the pixie. Guess there's no escaping it!

We must be strong! (but no one said we can't whine!) This too shall pass...

Length
    baby/15/30
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Thanks for the welcome! My ends are long enough to brush against my clothes in the back even when I'm wearing a scoop neck, so I'm facing some dryness, splits, and breakage even though I oil them nightly and DT twice a week. Any tips?
    Also, I think it'll be around 9 months before I'm at shoulder because of all the shrinkage. Also, I'm coming out of a stall and my growth rate is still pretty slow. I'm hoping it speeds up again soon.
    Dry and Curly: CHIN +, SHOULDERS, APL, BSL, MBL, WAIST

Straight: SHOULDERS, UBL, APL +, BSL, MBL, WAIST, LBL, TBL, CLASSIC