Page 11 of 285 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    APL/waist/class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    The stickiness for me happened when I sprayed it on my ends - I have never left the rinse/treatment in my hair in quantity.
    Since my fine, chemically highlighted hair is somewhat prone to breakage and splits, I started to experiment with catnip last Sunday. My first use was a 1 hour treatment prior to SMT. Since then, I have been misting my length on a daily basis. I mist with about 50 mL of catnip tea, plus approximately half a teaspoon of jojoba oil and a few drops of ylang ylang EO.

ktani, I have not experienced any stickiness from misting, even when I exclude the jojoba. My hair has great body from the misting, and the jojoba makes it feel very soft and well conditioned. One week is too soon to tell if I will have the stronger hair and less breakage, but so far, so good!

BTW, I wash my hair 2X per week, so the catnip stays on my hair for at least 3 days at a time, misting daily.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Catnip

Katja

At the time I tried the catnip as a leave-in, my hair had build-up on it from something I had used previously - I do not clarify - the stickiness was not bad but I found that leaving the catnip in did not benefit my hair. ETA: It did not hurt it either.
    Last edited by ktani; April 12th, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

Length
    APL/waist/class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

ktani, that's interesting. Why do you think that using catnip in this way didn't benefit your hair? Do you mean that it didn't have benefit for color, or for conditioning? Or both?

I am not interested in color, only conditioning.

Default Catnip

Katja

My hair started to improve when I first started to use catnip - however - the build-up had to wash out - that was gradual.

I kept increasing the catnip timing in the bath/shower, which helped with the conditioning and colour.

What really made the difference for me both for colour and conditioning - was bagging my hair in the shower and increased timing.

I do not like leave-ins - I usually found them to be slightly sticky no matter what they are - maybe tacky is a better word - not sticky like honey or gross - just not the feeling I get when the catnip is rinsed out - which I prefer.
    Last edited by ktani; April 12th, 2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: clarification

Length
    APL/waist/class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

ktani, thanks for the clarification.

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Just thought I'd drop by and say I've started using catnip. Only once so far, and I'm going out of town towards the end of the month, adn won't be able to continue the regiment properly there, but I'm hoping to find something hair-friendly and portable for the trip.
    Just thought I'd mention that I've started on catnip though.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Default Catnip

Nynaeve

Great - I look forward to reading how it works for you when you can use it continuously.

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hey, all! A few questions...

I've been NW but I have so many splits. So, if I took to doing a once a month WO, and applying catnip then, how do you think it would turn out? Not using shampoo, would it be too sticky/oily? Would using it only once a month not have the same affects?

I'm also thinking of trying cassia. If I did a monthly cassia and added catnip, might that have a chance of working? I probably shouldn't try so many things at once...
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Default Catnip

freznow

Catnip does have oil in it - I find it better to wash it out with the method I described - I do not think that it would be that great with NW - but you could give it a try.

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Nynaeve

Great - I look forward to reading how it works for you when you can use it continuously.
    K. I'll keep you people posted as I get my routine down.
    Question, the amount you described earlier in the thread, that is one shower's amount, right? (The 300ml or something)
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)