Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shots

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    I think this happened either last year or the year before. took about a few weeks to sort out, so I know LHC peeps will get it up and running in due time.
    Perfectly right on all accounts!

(We're still working in it!)

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Gumball--did you check with Dianyla? I think she worked on this issue last time it happened. Something about bandwidth, but I could be totally wrong on that
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    Gumball--did you check with Dianyla? I think she worked on this issue last time it happened. Something about bandwidth, but I could be totally wrong on that
    We've put out an APB on the mod network.

Length
    30/39/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how to post a picture from my computer ? When I use the "insert picture" button it is asking me an URL, but I don't want to post a picture from a website, just a picture taken by myself.
    I hope it's not a too stupid question .

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how to post a picture from my computer ? When I use the "insert picture" button it is asking me an URL, but I don't want to post a picture from a website, just a picture taken by myself.
    I hope it's not a too stupid question .
    It's a combination of what you've mentioned. You can only insert images from the internet, so you cannot attach a file that's currently on your computer. What you would end up having to do is to host your picture on a website such as Photobucket, Flickr, or another image hosting website. Once that is done, there will be a URL for the picture which you can use with the Insert Image button.

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Question Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    It's a combination of what you've mentioned. You can only insert images from the internet, so you cannot attach a file that's currently on your computer. What you would end up having to do is to host your picture on a website such as Photobucket, Flickr, or another image hosting website. Once that is done, there will be a URL for the picture which you can use with the Insert Image button.
    I tried putting my photos on Flickr and then using that url but it still wouldn't work for me . I've tried several times to chance my sig pic and to add an avatar, all to no avail
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    30/39/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Thank you Gumball, now it's ok

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairitic View Post
    I tried putting my photos on Flickr and then using that url but it still wouldn't work for me . I've tried several times to chance my sig pic and to add an avatar, all to no avail
    What is the URL of the, or an, image in question? We can take a look to see if maybe the URL is iffy, or at least to figure out if we can get it to post. Also, for testing please use the Test Board, and I hover a lot around Site Support should more questions like this arise (which is the main focus of that region of the forum ).

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Smile Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

What is the URL of the, or an, image in question? We can take a look to see if maybe the URL is iffy, or at least to figure out if we can get it to post. Also, for testing please use the Test Board, and I hover a lot around Site Support should more questions like this arise (which is the main focus of that region of the forum ).
    Hi Gumball; Here is the url for the photo I was trying to use to replace my current sig pic with: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3650960...in/photostream
    Anything funky with it? If not, I'll check with Site Support. Thanks for answering my post.
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairitic View Post
    Hi Gumball; Here is the url for the photo I was trying to use to replace my current sig pic with: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3650960...in/photostream
    Anything funky with it? If not, I'll check with Site Support. Thanks for answering my post.
    For that picture, the URL you chose was actually the URL for the page and not the photo. For the photo, select the "Share" option, then "Grab the HTML/BBCode" choice, followed by choosing "BBCode" instead of "HTML". It will give you a link that you can use to insert an image into a post. Then all you'd have to do is put that link in a post and voila! If you'd like to try it out, head on over to the Test Board and enjoy your success!