Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    32/40/FTL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

Anyone still doing this?

Right now my hair is drying from my fourth FRW treatment. I do it once weekly-ish (when my dad makes rice, basically) and the results are WONDERFUL. My hair feels so much thicker and softer! I almost feel like I regained the thickness I lost in my last shed, and no longer cringe when looking at my braid taper or have so much scalp cleavage. My dad, who gathers the rice water, is very proud of his contribution to my hair care routine and keeps complimenting my hair!

Obviously this doesn't make hair grow to BCL overnight, so my guess is that it plumps up the hair-shaft somehow? (that would also explain why it brought out all that hidden damage the first couple of times)

Anyway, I'm in love and will continue to do this as long as there's rice!

TUTORIAL: How To Make Bead-Topped Metal Hair-Sticks At Home
    Looking for chipped/scratched/unloved Ficcares to mod! - Wishlist

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dfotw View Post
    Anyone still doing this?

Right now my hair is drying from my fourth FRW treatment. I do it once weekly-ish (when my dad makes rice, basically) and the results are WONDERFUL. My hair feels so much thicker and softer! I almost feel like I regained the thickness I lost in my last shed, and no longer cringe when looking at my braid taper or have so much scalp cleavage. My dad, who gathers the rice water, is very proud of his contribution to my hair care routine and keeps complimenting my hair!

Obviously this doesn't make hair grow to BCL overnight, so my guess is that it plumps up the hair-shaft somehow? (that would also explain why it brought out all that hidden damage the first couple of times)

I'm still using it every time I wash my hair (that's every other week). My hair still loves it!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Anyone still doing this?

I did it for a while. I think my hair was alright with it and it felt nice, though I'm not sure if I did it long enough. I accidentally let the rice ferment too long one day (I kept it in a bottle, so I didn't really pay attention to that before I used it), and oh, it took so long to get the smell out of my hair, and it was the most horrible smell. I had to rewash my hair after a few days, since it still smelled bad. I was afraid the smell wouldn't leave. I haven't tried the rice water since then, maybe I will, though if I do, I will be much more careful. lol
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've been too lazy but I'm doing it again right as I type haha. I am trying to figure out a better way to use it on my face.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Anyone still doing this?

Has been a while but yes, I was just using rice water to wash my hair a few days ago.
    Since we're having rice every day now, there'll always be some "fresh" rice water aside from the portion in the fridge. So it's hardly any different from using regular shampoo... at least talking about convenience.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Can you eat the rice after you have soaked it for 24 hours? It seems like a waste if you can't.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Can you eat the rice after you have soaked it for 24 hours? It seems like a waste if you can't.
    If your gonna let the rice sit for more then 24 hours then no, you cant eat it itll be soured.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    32/40/FTL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    It'd probably be sour, though I remember someone upthread who had a recipe for it?
    If you don't want to waste the rice, you can just wash it before cooking it normally, and ferment the now-milky water in which you washed it. That's what I do and it works a treat!

TUTORIAL: How To Make Bead-Topped Metal Hair-Sticks At Home
    Looking for chipped/scratched/unloved Ficcares to mod! - Wishlist

Account Closed by Member Request

Every oil, herb, eggs, avocado, banana, yoghurt... You name it is going down the drain here, so you might as well waste a handful of rice. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Ah, ok, thanks Looking forward to trying this tomorrow.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR