Page 11 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightblooming Panacea?

Default Re: Nightblooming Panacea?

I applied the Triple Moon Oil yesterday evening, left it on for approximately 3 hours, shampooed, conditioned and went to bed. As of right now - 11:55 a.m. - my head is not itching! YAY!
    Lady Santoshi, Keeper of the Inner Sanctuary in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <><

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It is muggy and miserable here and my hair has been frizzing out like I stuck my finger in a light socket. Aloe vera gel, coconut oil, conditioner.......all of it didn't make a dent in the horrible frizz!!! So my two sample panaceas arrived today, one vegan and one not. Oh the smell is just so joyfully wonderful!! So happy with that.

I went to put it in the fridge cuz it was a little melty and stirred it, so when I got done stirring I had this stick with panacea on it. What is a girl to do? I am not going to waste it, so I wipe it off with my fingers and lightly run my hands through my hair. The frizz was GONE!!! I looked in the mirror completely unbelieving. AB-SO-LUTE-LY GONE!!!!!!!! Amazing! I bow to the wonderfulness of this product. Nightblooming is the BOMB!

Once I figure out which one I like more vegan/non-vegan I will be buying a tub of the stuff. Wowzers!!
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    Pixie/BSL/??
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Delurking for a brief monent to say that I ordered some yesterday, it shipped already and I'm SO excited for its arrival!!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Idun View Post
    I feel excactly the same dfotw. The scent I can do without. To me it smell allmost like some very sweet parfumed pipe tobacco that some people used when I was little, with the tobacco portion taken out.
    Just to show how different people are...

I adore the smell of pipe tobacco. My dad used to smoke something called "Sugar Barrel."

Your description, Idun, is what sold me on this! I have to have some. Oh, yeah, and because of the frizz-fighting powers...

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

He, he. I hope you agree with the desription then Neoma, once you get it!

It is not an unpleasant scent to me. It brings me childhood memories aswell. Funny how smells can do that more than most other stimuly. (Hm, did I spell that correctly? ). Still, itīs a little too sweet to have around me every day.

And..Iīm an ex-smoker and donīt really need positive reminders of tobacco, however faint.
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Length
    32/40/FTL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Just to show how different people are...

I adore the smell of pipe tobacco. My dad used to smoke something called "Sugar Barrel."

Your description, Idun, is what sold me on this! I have to have some. Oh, yeah, and because of the frizz-fighting powers...
    Oh, I *adore* the smell of pipe tobacco too! My dad smoked it when I was a child, and even today, when I pass an older gentleman smoking his pipe in the street, I have to refrain myself from sniffing the air behind him like a dog...

The Panacea smell is still too sweet for me, though. Damn nose that doesn't like frankincense and myrrh! It's great for the rough ends and frizzies, though...

TUTORIAL: How To Make Bead-Topped Metal Hair-Sticks At Home
    Looking for chipped/scratched/unloved Ficcares to mod! - Wishlist

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I ordered a full size tub of this today!!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

It is not an unpleasant scent to me. It brings me childhood memories aswell. Funny how smells can do that more than most other stimuly. (Hm, did I spell that correctly? ). Still, itīs a little too sweet to have around me every day.

And..Iīm an ex-smoker and donīt really need positive reminders of tobacco, however faint.
    Stimuli. Only because you asked. I am desperately trying not to be a English teacher in the summer.
    January 2012

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

I love frankincense and myrrh, so I'm sure that I will like it. They do say that the sense of smell can evoke memories unlike any other.

Quote Originally Posted by dfotw View Post
    Oh, I *adore* the smell of pipe tobacco too! My dad smoked it when I was a child, and even today, when I pass an older gentleman smoking his pipe in the street, I have to refrain myself from sniffing the air behind him like a dog...
    I don't smoke and can't be around smokers, but I still adore this fragrance. I'm sure it's because it reminds me of "daddy." Fortunately, there aren't a lot of pipe smokers wandering around Manhattan. I'd be tailing them.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

I just ordered samples of the regular and vegan panacea. But I'm wondering, can it be used on both damp and dry hair?

I'm still looking for a good pre-wash treatment. Oils haven't done much for my hair.