Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Isblå View Post
    I have noticed something interesting. I used to do s-c with sls and lots of cones before I found this place, and then I changed and started CO without cones, and using oils (shea butter and jojoba). The strange thing is that it seems my hair got more curly after this change. Anyone have an idea what causes this? Will dry hair be straighter than moisturised? Does cones kill curl?
    Moisture definitely helps curlies curl better. Cones are different for different people. For me, they don't make that much difference as far as curl is concerned but I don't like the buildup they cause so I don't use them very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Hey, it's me again with my hairtyping issue.
    Here are pictures of my hair - dried while being just down, dried in a rope braid and dried in two English braids.
    Am I right with my hairtyping?
    When you say "dried while being just down" are you saying you washed it and just left it to dry not combing or anything after? If so, it looks like you typed it right from what I can tell.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    22"/25"/35"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    Hey, it's me again with my hairtyping issue.
    Here are pictures of my hair - dried while being just down, dried in a rope braid and dried in two English braids.
    Am I right with my hairtyping?

Your curls are beautiful!
    24" 3c/m,c/iii

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Isblå View Post
    I have noticed something interesting. I used to do s-c with sls and lots of cones before I found this place, and then I changed and started CO without cones, and using oils (shea butter and jojoba). The strange thing is that it seems my hair got more curly after this change. Anyone have an idea what causes this? Will dry hair be straighter than moisturised? Does cones kill curl?
    I agree with curlsgirl, moisture is the key thing. I visit a CO-forum regularly and a lot of curly or wurly people experience that when your hair is more moist it will become more curly (including me).

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    20/51.5/??
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Talking Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hi everyone!! I just read through most of this thread, and wow! What great info and sharing of ideas to embrace the curls!! I've been on the site for about a year, mostly lurking, but glad I found this thread!

I have 3A (I think), tailbone length hair...that I do straighten with a flatiron...but only occasionally, about once a month. The rest of the time I wear it curly and use various products and air dry...and I'm still trying to figure out what is best for my hair. Cones...no cones...CO...CWC...oils...gels...leave-ins...homemade treatments...etc.
    There are sooo many regimens to try. It can be a bit overwhelming. Any suggestions for me?

I added a photo of my hair after air drying (sorry it's huge) I just wish it would grow faster!! It looks so much longer when I flatiron!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hi Glamgirl!!! Welcome! So you don't find that the flat iron damages your hair? It is one of the worst things for it most people say. I do it very occasionally maybe 2 times a year. Most of the time when I do want a straight look I blow dry which is better. I still don't do that very often.

My advice would be to stop brushing if you do, only detangle from the ends up gently with a seamless wide tooth comb (which you probably already know) and try new techniques like new products, CO, CWC, WO, leave-ins etc. one at a time giving each of them a try before moving on so you will know which work. Also your hair may change from season to season or just for no reason at all and you may need to adapt with something different.

Anyway, BEAUTIFUL hair! Is that your natural color???

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Beautiful color, Glamgirl!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20/51.5/??
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Hi Glamgirl!!! Welcome! So you don't find that the flat iron damages your hair? It is one of the worst things for it most people say. I do it very occasionally maybe 2 times a year. Most of the time when I do want a straight look I blow dry which is better. I still don't do that very often.

My advice would be to stop brushing if you do, only detangle from the ends up gently with a seamless wide tooth comb (which you probably already know) and try new techniques like new products, CO, CWC, WO, leave-ins etc. one at a time giving each of them a try before moving on so you will know which work. Also your hair may change from season to season or just for no reason at all and you may need to adapt with something different.

Anyway, BEAUTIFUL hair! Is that your natural color???
    Hi Curlsgirl!! Thanks for the reply and the nice compliment! You have some gorgeous hair yourself!! Love your bangs!!
    Yes, that is my natural color. Not sure how to describe it though...lol
    I was thinking about going darker...maybe a dark chocolate brown...hmm
    I Know the flatiron is bad...but I just LOVE my hair straight!! And I can't seem to get it pin straight with just the blow dryer. I only do this once every 4-6 weeks though to avoid major damage.
    I don't think it has done any major damage...at least that I'm aware of. I have always seem to have some split ends, but I get 1" trimmed off twice a year to help with that. Otherwise, my hair seems pretty thick and healthy I guess.

I never use a brush, and use a wide tooth comb to detangle. I'm not sure if it is seamless however...how can I determine if it is?
    Also, I wonder how long to try each method to see if my hair likes it?

Thanks!

Length
    20/51.5/??
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Beautiful color, Glamgirl!
    Thanks so much girlcat!! Love your curls and color too!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Glamgirl View Post
    Hi Curlsgirl!! Thanks for the reply and the nice compliment! You have some gorgeous hair yourself!! Love your bangs!!
    Yes, that is my natural color. Not sure how to describe it though...lol
    I was thinking about going darker...maybe a dark chocolate brown...hmm
    I Know the flatiron is bad...but I just LOVE my hair straight!! And I can't seem to get it pin straight with just the blow dryer. I only do this once every 4-6 weeks though to avoid major damage.
    I don't think it has done any major damage...at least that I'm aware of. I have always seem to have some split ends, but I get 1" trimmed off twice a year to help with that. Otherwise, my hair seems pretty thick and healthy I guess.

I never use a brush, and use a wide tooth comb to detangle. I'm not sure if it is seamless however...how can I determine if it is?
    Also, I wonder how long to try each method to see if my hair likes it?

Thanks!
    The "standard rule" if there is one is about 2 weeks. But of course with a product you may know right away. Or it may take a bit for it to cause a problem (such as cones with buildup or protein buildup). Sounds like you are doing pretty good there so you may need to just keep on doing what you are doing! As for the comb just run your fingers over the teeth and see if you feel any sharpish edges that could cause damage to your hair. Some of them can even be sanded if you find them. I LOVE my wooden comb from the Body Shop. Some people sand them a bit but I couldn't tell that mine even needed it. I also have a Mason Pearson rake comb but honestly I use my cheaper wooden BS comb most. I use a cheap Conair shower comb in the shower mostly with conditioner on my hair. Of course you can't use the wooden comb on damp hair. Oh and thanks for the compliment!