Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMama View Post
    hmmm maybe I will ask my husband. I guess I need to poke around the forum to determine if I need special hair cutting scissors. I wonder how important it is for him to be able cut a straight line... probably not so much if it's never down, right?
    He might be able to cut your hair the same way Aries_jb's mom cuts hers. If you need more of a description, I think this is what's recommended in the Curly Girl book. (Google for Lorraine Massey.) For a quick trim, that might be all you need.

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It's great to browse this thread! Seems like so many of us have similar issues with our curly-wurly hair!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
    My hair is 2c/3a and a total mess now that it's collarbone length. I have fine hair, but lots of it, so keeping control of the body while maintaining a healthy texture is tough. I know it'll get better once it gets longer, but it's frustrating right now. I'm trying a new shampoo/conditioner to see if it will help... let's hope so
    RocketDog, I hear you! Length will help tremendously. My hair is also thick and fine and wavy/curly, and the only lengths that work for it are pixie short (so the curls and frizz are cut off) and long (so the hair is more weighed down).

At shoulder length, my hair just looked weird. Bouncy, but no style. (That's what it was like in my hair-growing journey when I joined LHC, in the sig below.)

When I was at that stage, I found the less shampoo the better. Conditioner only, was good. And lots of gel. Anything to weigh down my hair!

Now, I prefer styling/curly cremes to gels, as gel seems to knot and dry my hair.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

LOL! I remember trying everything to weigh down my hair too! I was so glad when it got long enough to pull it down itself!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

I couldn't think of a better place to say this, because I just feel like I'm going to explode, but I've been falling in love with my hair all over again lately! I've been babying it and wearing it up a lot, pretty much just forgetting about it once it's out of the way. On Friday, I wore it down for the first time in long time, and I got so many compliments, but more importantly, I liked it! The texture was soft, my curls were defined with very little product, it looked fuller, and the color was richer because it was healthier! It has even gotten longer! I'm so excited because I'm so close to reaching BSL. I just had to share with people who would understand. I tried to tell my fiance, but he just smiles and nods .

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

That's great to hear, Aries_jb!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_jb View Post
    I couldn't think of a better place to say this, because I just feel like I'm going to explode, but I've been falling in love with my hair all over again lately! I've been babying it and wearing it up a lot, pretty much just forgetting about it once it's out of the way. On Friday, I wore it down for the first time in long time, and I got so many compliments, but more importantly, I liked it! The texture was soft, my curls were defined with very little product, it looked fuller, and the color was richer because it was healthier! It has even gotten longer! I'm so excited because I'm so close to reaching BSL. I just had to share with people who would understand. I tried to tell my fiance, but he just smiles and nods .
    I am SO glad to hear this! I feel like that sometimes too and I come here and I know I probably sound like I am bragging but it's SO wonderful to finally love your hair isn't it???

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I'm not sure what my hair type is anymore.
    My hair is absolutely straight at the roots and to the ears and even longer. If I put it in a bun and hide my length I could almost be mistaken for a straightie. But I'm pretty sure I'm curlier than 2b. I'm puzzled.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_234 View Post
    I'm not sure what my hair type is anymore.
    My hair is absolutely straight at the roots and to the ears and even longer. If I put it in a bun and hide my length I could almost be mistaken for a straightie. But I'm pretty sure I'm curlier than 2b. I'm puzzled.
    Even 3a's are pretty straight at the roots and I think at longer lengths it can go further even. Can you take a new pic of your hair in the back freshly washed and left alone to dry without combing and we can help!

In the South where grits are a staple and frog legs are a delicacy.
    Length
    <1"/waist/btsme
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

^ I can vouche for that. My hair can get pretty stick straight at the roots on any given day, but it's definitely 3a.

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Mine, too -- and the further it gets from water, the straighter it gets. Three or four days after washing, it looks more 2a/b than 3a... but add water, and the curls jump back.