Page 102 of 778 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 7779

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

I have to second spin pins. Most things slide out of my hair (unless I put *all* of my hair into them, and even then sometimes. . . :/) but someone on the curly thread recommended spin pins and I finally bought a set of minis. I think I'm in love.
    I'm hoping to grow out my baby-fine curlies. Currently at waist from APL! Yay progress!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by UP Lisa View Post
    Interesting that your hair is that slippery, since you list it as F/M.
    I have a rather challenging hair combination which unfortunately there isn't a more accurate option for. I have both fine straight hair and thick wiry curly hairs, makes for lots of fun to manage LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCrowned View Post
    Hello, Carpe!
    I recently started using ordinary hair pins rather than bobby pins, and they are working well. Here is my technique:
    As you hold it to put it in, squeeze the hairpin gently, so that the space between the ends is narrowed a little.
    Stab straight in at 90º to your head until you feel the ends on your scalp.
    Allowing it to grab some of the hair next to the scalp, turn the pin the direction you want it to go, start to push in the new direction.
    Relax your grip on the pin so that the ends are free to spread apart as you continue pushing the pin into position.
    As you are pushing the pin into the do, weave it back down to catch more scalp hair if it does not feel secure.
    Get a second hairpin and put it in the same way, getting it to cross or weave through the other pin(s).
    DC!! Where have you been? I've missed you
    I will try this out, but what specific hair pins are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowHawk View Post
    I have to second spin pins. Most things slide out of my hair (unless I put *all* of my hair into them, and even then sometimes. . . :/) but someone on the curly thread recommended spin pins and I finally bought a set of minis. I think I'm in love.
    Maybe it is the technique that I am missing. I hear so many people love these, but when I tried them they just fell flat...

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Spin pins Just googled that. Never heard of them before. How do you use them? Ar they just like a mere wire or is there some snap or trick or something?

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    Spin pins Just googled that. Never heard of them before. How do you use them? Ar they just like a mere wire or is there some snap or trick or something?
    They're metal corkscrews that you literally screw into your bun. No trick besides that! They're amazing...I use one or two of the littlest ones and my bun is secure for an entire day!

Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

This is kinda off topic, and I apologize if someone else already mentioned it, but do any of you other fine-haired chicks have a problem with wind making your hair oily/stringy? It's usually colder wind that I have the most problem with (warmer wind doesn't seem to have the same effect for some reason). I mean, my hair can look great but if I'm outside for more than a couple minutes on a breezy day my hair becomes a tangled stringy mess! Maybe it's the dryness in the air during colder months? It's extremely irritating.

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBum View Post
    This is kinda off topic, and I apologize if someone else already mentioned it, but do any of you other fine-haired chicks have a problem with wind making your hair oily/stringy? It's usually colder wind that I have the most problem with (warmer wind doesn't seem to have the same effect for some reason). I mean, my hair can look great but if I'm outside for more than a couple minutes on a breezy day my hair becomes a tangled stringy mess! Maybe it's the dryness in the air during colder months? It's extremely irritating.
    It doesn't make my hair oily, but it does seem to suck the moisture out of it and make it stick together (and out in all directions). We get arctic wind where I am, it's very dry here especially in the winter. I remember being other places and loving the wind in my hair, but here, I hate it, it's so hard to detangle after!!
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I definitely get the dreaded Stringies. It's so annoying, and is one of the reasons my hair is damaged...whenever it got bad I'd rrrrip the brush through it.

Length
    16" ?/30"/thick
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    DC!! Where have you been? I've missed you
    I will try this out, but what specific hair pins are you using?
    Aww, thanks.
    The hair pins I use have been kicking around with my bobby pins for eons, so I don't know the brand. They are thin, round wire bent in a U but the arms of it are splayed like a V. The arms are gently crimped midway into three little waves and the tips are smooth. They work well enough to hold a bun on the top of my head overnight.