Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1042

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    I got my TS order last week and wanted to try the Honeysuckle Deep Condioner out a few times before reviewing it:

My hair is only chin-length and is baby-fine but I have a lot of it. I was kind of scared that this conditioner would be too heavy on my hair, and it was. On my first try, I shampooed as usual with TS shampoo, rinsed it out and worked just a tiny dab of the deep cond through my hair and rinsed. It didn't turn out bad but I had a few hairs sticking up down my part. I don't have this problem when using the leave- in conditioner with just a 2 second rinse out.

The second time I used the Deep Cond and Reverse-shampooed (conditioned first and then shampooed scalp, and rinsed it all out together). This time, my hair was left a little heavy and I had a few hair stick-ups along my part line again.

Today; third time was not the charm! I thought maybe my hair needed clarifying, so I shampooed with a sulfate shampoo, rinsed, applied the TS Deep conditioner, rinsed out, and was left with flat, greasy-feeling hair but at least I didn't have frizzies.

So, I'm assuming this means the Deep Conditioner is not for me. That's okay though, I'm still loving the shampoo and the leave-in conditioner. As long as I give my hair that quick two second blast of a cool rinse after applying the condish, my hair comes out soft, no frizzies, and soooo shiny. My hair has not been this shiny since I was a kid!

I'll review the five scent oil samples that I got later. I'm afraid I've been too wordy already.
    How was the scents??

I've been using the shampoo and leave in each time but i'm having to apply a heavier rinse out conditioner before the leave in but it's working great for me. That shampoo is really cleansing, I like it, it leaves my hair so bouncy and clean.

The smell is my favorite part, everyone says my hair smells just like sweet honey.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Pixie/CB/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    sillyme, it sounds like we have the same hair type, though mine is now BCL.

I was never crazy about the deep conditioner, though I love the shampoo and leave-in.
    I've noticed we're hair twins except for your beautiful length, Neoma. That's why I always pay attention when you post on this thread.

Have you ever tried the leave-in conditioner as a rinse out? I rinse out the shampoo, apply the conditioner and give it just a very quick shot of cool water, not really rinsing it all out. That gets out enough to keep my hair from being weighted down like most conditioners do to me, but it leaves enough to give me a little slip and no tangles.

Length
    Pixie/CB/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    How was the scents??

I've been using the shampoo and leave in each time but i'm having to apply a heavier rinse out conditioner before the leave in but it's working great for me. That shampoo is really cleansing, I like it, it leaves my hair so bouncy and clean.

The smell is my favorite part, everyone says my hair smells just like sweet honey.
    I'm still absolutely loving the honeysuckle scent! It's so sweet and smells just like the honeysuckles that bloom in the edge of our yard. It's a very strong scent and lasts until my next wash, which is usually the next day.

Wild Honeysuckle: I got this sample to compare to the regular honeysuckle scent. They're really nothing alike. This scent has no sweetness to it and is more green and herbal scented.

Pink Candy: I was kind of surprised by this scent. I expected a light, girlish scent, but it smells sweet and kind of warm to me, even on the sexy side. Ooh, la, la. I really like the scent but think I would prefer using it in cooler weather. I don't need anything that makes me feel warmer right now. Summer in Alabama, whew!

Black Raspberry Vanilla: I don't detect any sweetness in this one, nor vanilla either really. The raspberry scent is really there though. I like it but probably won't order shampoo/cond in the scent.

Almond Creme: I've not really used this scent in anything yet, just sniffed it. But I really like the scent. It's another very warm smell to me. I'll try it out in one of my unscented TS hair products before making a final decision on it.

Red Lipstick: This is my favorite scent of the five samples I received. Again, I haven't used it in anything, just sniffed it. It smells very sweet to me and I seem to detect a dark cherry scent. It smells quite yummy to me. I wouldn't mind this scent wafting about my head.

Just wanted to add; I've been using TS shampoo and leave-in conditioner off-and-on for quite some time now and have tried many scents and would say one of my all-time favorites would have to be the Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. It's a sassy, spicy, citrus scent. I'm totally out of it right now but will probably get some with my next order.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
    I've noticed we're hair twins except for your beautiful length, Neoma. That's why I always pay attention when you post on this thread.

Have you ever tried the leave-in conditioner as a rinse out? I rinse out the shampoo, apply the conditioner and give it just a very quick shot of cool water, not really rinsing it all out. That gets out enough to keep my hair from being weighted down like most conditioners do to me, but it leaves enough to give me a little slip and no tangles.
    Thank you for the lovely compliment, sillyme.

Yes, I have done what you outlined above and experienced similar results. I've also shampooed, applied a very small amount of the leave-in to my hair after squeezing out excess water and wrapped it in a towel. Detangling was easy peasy.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Pixie/CB/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Thank you for the lovely compliment, sillyme.

Yes, I have done what you outlined above and experienced similar results. I've also shampooed, applied a very small amount of the leave-in to my hair after squeezing out excess water and wrapped it in a towel. Detangling was easy peasy.
    I'll try that too, Neoma. Thanks!

Length
    Chin/HL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I spent way too much time on the etsy store this evening favouriting things I hope to get in the near future. SO. MANY. SCENTS!

Length
    Pixie/CB/CB
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shanda View Post
    I spent way too much time on the etsy store this evening favouriting things I hope to get in the near future. SO. MANY. SCENTS!
    What a fun way to spend an evening, Shanda! What are you considering, if I may ask?

Length
    Chin/HL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Of course you may!

Specifically Red Lipstick, Dragons Blood, and Pink Candy, but from what I gather these are all more autumn/winter scents. After reading through this thread, I'm also quite interested in the Honeysuckle one (which also seems to be a little more seasonal).

Oh, who am I kidding - I want them all!

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Bummer, I was going to try the very vanilla shampoo and conditioner, but it looks like they don't ship to Canada .
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Length
    Chin/HL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy24601 View Post
    Bummer, I was going to try the very vanilla shampoo and conditioner, but it looks like they don't ship to Canada .
    Seriously?! And now I'm sad (and making a mental note to actually check and see if people ship here before I start favouriting things).