Page 100 of 851 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Oh yeah, I started about 3 years ago to grow my hair out and I am 48. I don't see age as a deterent at ALL!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea88 View Post
    I'm wondering if most wurlies and curlies have better success with oiling wet or dry hair? I absolutely love my coconut oil but usually only use it on dry hair. I put a tiny bit on just washed, damp hair today and am curious to see if there will be a difference.

ETA: I'm also growing out my layers, but I'm wondering how one length would look on wavier hair?
    Any kind of oil (I've tried almond, apricot, avacado, coconut and olive) is a disaster on dry hair for me. I have severely dry, damaged, bleached ends and it turns them crunchy and prickly. I apply oil to wet hair right out of the shower and it works great.

I'm also transistioning from layers - I hope to end up with a subtle U-hem. Right now I have a V ending right below BSL, with the shortest layers just past shoulders. My hair is now more wavy than curly now and I want to try a more even hem. I see it on curly and wavy LHCers and think it looks beautiful.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I've discovered that coconut oil seems to work great on my hair whether it is wet or dry, unlike olive oil. Coconut oil on wet hair really enhances my curls and coconut oil on dry hair is great for taming frizz. Luckily, coconut oil does not turn my ends crunchy like olive oil.

Length
    MBL/APL/Clssc
    Type
    3c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea88 View Post
    I've discovered that coconut oil seems to work great on my hair whether it is wet or dry, unlike olive oil. Coconut oil on wet hair really enhances my curls and coconut oil on dry hair is great for taming frizz. Luckily, coconut oil does not turn my ends crunchy like olive oil.
    Wow, your hair is just like mine. My hair loves coconut oil, whether dry or wet. It has a love-hate relationship with olive oil. Olive oil works best for me when mixed with coconut oil or if I use a small amount.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RedElephant View Post
    Wow, your hair is just like mine. My hair loves coconut oil, whether dry or wet. It has a love-hate relationship with olive oil. Olive oil works best for me when mixed with coconut oil or if I use a small amount.
    Well it's nice to know that it works for you both ways as well! I've never tried an olive & coconut oil combo, I might give that a try.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    Any kind of oil (I've tried almond, apricot, avacado, coconut and olive) is a disaster on dry hair for me. I have severely dry, damaged, bleached ends and it turns them crunchy and prickly. I apply oil to wet hair right out of the shower and it works great.

I'm also transistioning from layers - I hope to end up with a subtle U-hem. Right now I have a V ending right below BSL, with the shortest layers just past shoulders. My hair is now more wavy than curly now and I want to try a more even hem. I see it on curly and wavy LHCers and think it looks beautiful.
    My hair was like that when it was bleached and damaged it would turn prickly, but I would apply alot. I used it for deep treatments and I just kept it up it really felt better after after I rinsed it out though.

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I so need to SnD my ends, ladies! I have a sad, sad delemia! I cannot find FOTE aloe gel in the big bottles ANYWHERE! Walmart used to be the place where I stocked up, but they nor anyone else seems to carry it! I have been trying various gels, but they all seem to crunch and flake. Ugh! I NEED my gel!!!! Boo hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady of the Reflective Soul in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Curlsgirl curl keeper is for frizz. I tried it once, but I dont think I used enough. You need to apply alot from what I have read about it. I order the trial pack and I really didnt like any of the products. I have heard rave reviews though on it for frizz.

lookingglass have you tried Rite Aid I have bought it there before. I have also used their brand it works similar on my hair.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by missy60 View Post
    Curlsgirl curl keeper is for frizz. I tried it once, but I dont think I used enough. You need to apply alot from what I have read about it. I order the trial pack and I really didnt like any of the products. I have heard rave reviews though on it for frizz.
    Oh okay. Well I really don't have a frizz problem most of the time. No sense buying it then. Thanks a lot!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Just to tell what happened to my trial with coconut soap and to stay without conditioners for curls: my hair didnīt like it at all. Maybe it works for thinner hair including curly ones but not fot my thick curled one. I felt it dry, bad to touch. I will have to keep using industrialized shampoos or be lucky enough to find another castile soap that works(and I do NOT find other kinds of castile sopa in Brazil..)
    At least the olive oil as consitioner worked fine!!!

Two men fell into a well: one of them complains about the walls. The other one watches the stars.