Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Default Re: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

The shampoo is ok but I don't reccomend the conditioner at all. It is really runny and does nothing to moisturize your hair. I like the Giovanni deep conditioner- it is really thick and creamy and it is a fantastic moisturizer

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: *Survey for People that have used Nature's~Gate~Likes/Dislikes/Results*

Give the products a good hard sniff before you buy them. Try to surrepticiously unscrew the lid completely to get a good whiff. I bought two different conditioners and they both do not smell good to me, and the smell is strong and lingers for a while (seriously, days!) in my hair. I've tried the Herbal Daily, and the Aloe Vera Moisturizing. The Herbal is okay, but definitely smells like Christmas exploded in my shower, it's so spicy. The Aloe Vera I could not stand. It smells fake, plastic, and cloyingly fruity. I swapped it away as soon as I could.

Nature's Gate is not really very natural. All of them use undisclosed "fragrance" in their products, and the non-organic lines uses synthetic preservatives. The shampoos have SLS in them. The Nature's Gate Organics might be a little better, but they are more expensive.

Length
    20 in/28.5/33
    Type
    1a/F/i

It is not the best out there. I've tried the henna shampoo which did leave my hair very shiny, however I felt as if it dried my hair and left it feeling too "squeaky". I also used the Aloe vera moisturising shampoo which I did not like at all. I felt as if it did not clean my hair and it left it very "blah" If you are looking for organic shapoos I would definitely recommend the Desert Essence organics line. I feel that their shampoos and conditioners are amazing =D

Length
    14.5/TB/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I made myself get through a bottle of the Daily Herbal conditioner-had I at least smelled it first, I never would have bought it. Cloying, imo. My hair always felt strange after using it...I just can't remember *how*.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

oh no... so many negative reviews... I'm off to check the review board now too. I have several of these in my shopping cart at vitacost.com as I was so interested to try them and the price is so decent. I'm still interested in the hemp, tea tree oil, and herbal ones especially.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    17/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I've tried the hemp, biotin, and chamomile lines.

I always love the shampoo. Thick but gentle, and doesn't leave any weird build up. The conditioners are pretty runny. They work well but are a pain to use and I end up wasting a lot since it runs right through my fingers. I kinda like the smell, but it is a little different. Also, keep in mind that I have very fine hair, so the conditioner may not be nearly heavy enough for you.

A little pricey and not exactly "natural". Worth a try in my opinion, though!

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I LOVE the Herbal conditioner it's quite moisturizing for me and smells super wonderful. The fragrance stays in your hair too, all day. I did not like the Herbal Shampoo as well, though.

I also really like their Jojoba shampoo. I only use a couple of drops added to other non-lathering type shampoos. . .works like a charm. Moisturizing and sudsy.

I use an empty conditioner tub, add a teaspoon or so of the shampoo of choice for that day, then add a couple of drops of the jojoba shampoo, then fill up the tub with water. That tiny bit of NG jojoba really makes a difference for me.

They're not my Holy Grail. . .but I do like these products. I wouldn't like to be without them.

The conditioner is a really good shaving gel too. lol Smells soo soo soo good.