Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Difference Between Dark Blonde and Light Brown Hair?

Length
    13/41.5/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Difference Between Dark Blonde and Light Brown Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post
    Firegarnet: to me, your hair looks like it is definitely blonde.
    Thank you! That photo is in a very yellow (well and browns, odd wallpaper) room with a very yellow lighting. No natural light there at all. Brings out the gold. Office fluorescents are what make me look browner. Maybe.

Actually, I really do think of myself as blonde. Just in real life I'm in the minority with that opinion. Shrug.

My mother and maternal grandmother both started out with hair exactly the same color as mine. Grandmother ended with a champagne like (not corresponding to the chart, much lighter) color (I assume she dyed her hair) and mother ended up with very dark brown with strongly contrasting white hairs (few grays). She doesn't dye. I'm interested to see what I get in another 10 or so years.

Length
    25.5/37.5/45.0
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I ~think~ I'm butterscotch, according to the chart. But that's not really it either, is it? Gosh it's rough being an in-between color!

(BTW, I sure hope nobody here at work noticed me with the ends of my hair pulled up to the computer screen with me staring almost cross-eyed at it)

Length
    25.5/37.5/45.0
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

LOL! And now I've pulled the ends of my hair up to the computer screen to compare with my signature photo, and my hair in real life doesn't even match my picture. Oh lawsy, what's a girl to do?

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

That chart seems to have forgotten what I call 'light ash brown', which is what a lot of former blondes seem to darken to as they get older. It's almost a grayish color in certain lights, and a lot of people seem to dye over it, but I find it to be quite a lovely color.

Going off of LHC members, I'd call FrannyG a light blonde, Simply Viki a medium blonde, and you a darker, golden blonde--but not the darkest blonde I've seen. I'm going to have to look to find someone who fits the definition. xD;

Edit: AHA. Igor fits the dark-blonde I'm thinking of, I think.

If I remember correctly, pdnky(numbers here) is a light ash brown.
    Last edited by GlassEyes; February 19th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Dunno
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I don't know if there is a difference between the two. I naturally have dark blonde/ light brown hair. I call it brown, but a lot of people have referred to it as blonde.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

If you just took my underlayer, you would call me brown, but the upper layer is lighter and gets natural highlights, meaning most people call me blonde. I don't mind it either way.

On that chart I'm like a combination of russet/pecan/honey. And, for whatever reason, my eyebrows are "coffee bean"; always been darker than any hair on my head.

Type
    2b/F/ii

This is so weird - I was sitting in one of my engineering classes today and was looking at a couple of girls' hair in front of me, and I couldn't decide if they would be considered blonde or brown! I'm kind of in that nebulous range as well. My hair is definitely brown, except in the sun where it's very golden. I definitely was not a blonde as a child though - if anything my hair has lightened as I've aged!

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

My daughter has this kind of hair. Her teacher called it "fair". It's probably one of those things that depends on the person. One might say magenta, the other might say maroon and mean the same thing if you know what I mean (not a good example - sorry).

My daughter was standing next to a friend of hers who has almost the same colour as her but a touch darker. If I was to call it, I would say my daughters was dark blonde and her friend was light brown - but there wasn't much in it.
    Last edited by julliams; February 20th, 2010 at 05:29 AM.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by julliams View Post
    My daughter has this kind of hair. Her teacher called it "fair". It's probably one of those things that depends on the person. One might say magenta, the other might say maroon and mean the same thing if you know what I mean (not a good example - sorry).

May daughter was standing next to a friend of hers who has almost the same colour as her but a touch darker. If I was to call it, I would say my daughters was dark blonde and her friend was light brown - but there wasn't much in it.
    It really takes a practised eye to be able to see the difference between dark blonde and brown. And I'll tell you this. Most non-LHC men and non-hairdressing men ALWAYS think that dark blonde is brown.

It's also worth mentioning that while that colour chart is excellent, it's really only good if you're seeing a hard copy in your hands. The variations of colour on individual computer monitors renders it almost useless. The colours varied drastically on the three different computers in my home.

Length
    MBL/FTL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I've struggled with what to call my hair too. Once my boyfriend's sister asked me what color I called my hair and I said "dirty dishwater blonde." She replied "I asked what color your hair was not what your washed it with." Right then and there we decided to call it sunset blonde, no longer terribly blonde, but not yet full on brunette. That converstation still makes me smile.