Thread: - Anyone heard of ELIF Henna ?

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Red face - Anyone heard of ELIF Henna ?

- I just got a packet of MacUrths Organic Henna [a brand based in Copenhagen, but my sister lives in Sweden] and she only got me 100 g's thinking it will be enough for my hair, but after I read online it said I needed atleast 400 grams seeing as how I have a bit longer than shoulder length wavy/curly thick persian hair!

So I bought a cheap henna I found in town, just to give it a try and I mixed that 100 g of MacUrths with 300 g's of Elif Henna, which only ended up costing me 60 Swedish kronor, which is like 8 dollars!

I don't know, is it bad mixing different kinds of henna ?
    I am guessing it is, but I just went with it, and both kinds claim they have only leaves and nothing else added, just fine green powder..

I searched the forum to find somene who wrote about it but couldn't find, but then again I am new here so maybe I am just not good at searching !

I mixed my powders with cinnamon, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, beetroot juice, forest fruit tea, some boiling water and paprika powder, after reading what people who want really red hair with henna had put in it.

Many questions, hope I am doign it right !

Peace, Love and Respect,
    RedheadMistress

Length
    20/23,6/35,4
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: - Anyone heard of ELIF Henna ?

- Oh and I've also frozen it, waiting for it to defrost now so I can put it in my hair!

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I'd say go for it. I don't know why it'd make a difference. If they aren't both BAQ (body art quality) then it may cause you problems if you decide to later dye your hair with chemicals, but it should be fine. Also, if you find that 400 g is not enough, I hear you can mix it with yogurt to thin it out a little.

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Length
    27/33/46
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I saw in your other post that you have already applied the henna. Hopefully both kinds of henna were BAQ, because you mentioned that you have dyed your hair before in the other post. I can't speak from experience, but if your henna was not BAQ, it could contain additives that will end up giving you green hair when it interacts with the dye in your hair!

However, you said that both are supposed to be pure, so you should be ok

As for mixing different hennas together, it isn't bad. Different hennas have different dye release times, so that would be the only concern - making sure all of the henna is dye releasing when you put it on your head. And all that other stuff you added probably won't actually make your hair any redder, but will probably change the way it smells... hopefully for the better. Using cloves, nutmeg, and ginger will help make the henna smell much better.

I doubt you will need all 400 grams to do your hair. My hair is 32 inches long (10 inches more than yours), although not as thick as yours, and I use 150 grams. I would guess you might use 200 grams at most, but only you can decide. Some people like to really smother their hair in henna.