Page 67 of 569 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long hair sighting thread!

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default Re: Long hair sighting thread!

My favorite regular-sighting person (she works where I do) has cut her hair! It was about to tb, and the loveliest glossy black I've seen in ages-- and now it's about BSL. Sigh... I asked her why she decided to cut so much off, and she said that it's because her hair was making her too hot in this summer weather. To each her own, I guess! But it was sooooo long and pretty.

It still looks gorgeous now, of course. I just hate to see anyone cut off so much length while I'm waiting feverishly for my own to hurry up and grow!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by halo_tightens View Post
    My favorite regular-sighting person (she works where I do) has cut her hair! It was about to tb, and the loveliest glossy black I've seen in ages-- and now it's about BSL. Sigh... I asked her why she decided to cut so much off, and she said that it's because her hair was making her too hot in this summer weather. To each her own, I guess! But it was sooooo long and pretty.

It still looks gorgeous now, of course. I just hate to see anyone cut off so much length while I'm waiting feverishly for my own to hurry up and grow!
    Too bad she didn't know about Ficcares and other hair clips to just put it up.

Type
    2b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleOrca View Post
    Too bad she didn't know about Ficcares and other hair clips to just put it up.
    I'ma little confused about it myself... She usually wears her hair in a single braid, at least for work. I don't understand how an extra foot or so of braid was making her any hotter than the way she has it now!

All I can come up with that makes sense is that maybe she was meaning the washing/drying/detangling aspects of it. We're not close enough friends for me to pry too deeply.
    Last edited by halo_tightens; August 17th, 2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: left out a word

Length
    16"/28"/33"

Quote Originally Posted by swanns View Post
    Ok so this isn't really a sighting because it's just me and a friend, but I quite like the shot! Her hair is hip-lenght I think.

I looked at this picture wondering why it seemed so familiar and then noticed that Olvi on the table...

Length
    4.5in/6 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

It was such a weird concidence:

One day I was driving past a corner store, and saw a a young lady with glorious wavy red hair streaming down her back, all the way to hip length.

A couple weeks later, I drove by that SAME girl, in front of the same store! She must live near there.

Anyway, it was very much an inspiration. It also made me want to henna, even though I know most red/orange tones look horrible on me

Type
    2b/C/iii

Here's a funny update-- I just went and had a conversation with the owner of the lovely black hair! We exchanged names and plan to add each other as Facebook friends, lol, and I mentioned this site. She sounded interested, so she may end up here as well. I love happy endings!

Length
    shldr/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

Long-hair guys are somewhat normal around here, but I had a fun thing happened today:

A co-worker has dark blond, thick, blunt cut hair he always wears in a ponytail. It used to be near his waist and then he cut it to APL or so. (He got compared to Legolas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Legolas600ppx.jpg when he had the longer hair).

Tonight at an after work party (a roast), he was speaking about how our manager (female) was admiring his hair or something (I missed the comment, but it was positive as our workplace is pretty open), and since he never wears his hair down, that night he purposely removed his hair band and shook out his hair and gave a certain look in his eyes.

It was great because his hair was not only in great condition but he "worked it"!!

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Okay, who was it...

I saw a thick, shiny, gorgeous head of black, just shy of classic-length hair on a lady at Railway Square, Sydney this morning. I really wanted to chase after her and tell her how much I admired it.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

There was an older guy at the PO this afternoon, a construction or gardening worker type person, and he had a TB length braid, very neat. He was checking through his mail when I left and as I went past I said "Nice hair" and he said "Thank you" in a rather startled voice.

Length
    14/20.5/23+
    Type
    1a/F/ii

There is this attractive asian woman that I see frequently at the gym. She has tailbone length dark black hair. I always wanted to tell her how beautiful I thought her hair was. Seemed so perfect.

Then I was standing at the mirror fixing my face when she came up and started brushing her wet hair! I was about to compliment her but was taken back by how rough she was with her mane. I could hear hair snapping (I hate that sound!). She had one of those vent brushes and brushed the entire time I redid my face and put my jewelry back on.

The next time I saw her in the hall, I couldn't help but notice how damaged her hair really was. What a shame.