Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    You do have perfect ringlets!
    Bah. Thank you, but they really are far from perfect. xD;

They're also starting to annoy me more when I have them down. Tomorrow they're going up, and probably for a while.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
    You do have perfect ringlets!

I have to agree- absolutely perfect.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    SL/APL/WL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yay! I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm used to the slightly limited curlies-only haircare perspective from NaturallyCurly.com, and it has felt a bit weird (but in a good way!) to wander the boards here every once in a while. This thread feels a bit more like "home" to me, lol.

Must now go back and read aaalllll these pages...

(BTW, if anyone has been over there for a while and is curious who I was there, feel free to PM me. I'm hesitant to post it publicly -- and though I recognize some of you, I don't think I'm allowed to PM others here yet to say hi, because of my low post count. )

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

just venting....

Oh. My. God. what the humidity has done to my hair!

I look like Monica on Friends in the episode where they went to the Caribbean.

My head looks like it's twice it's normal size.

Feels like it too.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kina View Post
    just venting....

Oh. My. God. what the humidity has done to my hair!

I look like Monica on Friends in the episode where they went to the Caribbean.

My head looks like it's twice it's normal size.

Feels like it too.

XDDDDD;;

It has been rather humid here, hasn't it? It's actually helped my hair, I think. I had a great hair day the last time I wore it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Proginoskes View Post
    Yay! I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm used to the slightly limited curlies-only haircare perspective from NaturallyCurly.com, and it has felt a bit weird (but in a good way!) to wander the boards here every once in a while. This thread feels a bit more like "home" to me, lol.

(BTW, if anyone has been over there for a while and is curious who I was there, feel free to PM me. I'm hesitant to post it publicly -- and though I recognize some of you, I don't think I'm allowed to PM others here yet to say hi, because of my low post count. )
    Hiya! Welcome to LHC!

I'm a much more loyal poster here than on NC, so you probably don't know me. I am trying to be more active over there though. XD As of...three hours ago.

Length
    20 in/30/40 in
    Type
    2c/M/ii

fellow curly here my hair isnt enjoying the humidity. the frizz is out of control. I oil every 3 days and it seems to soak in nice but still kinda remains frizzy but just more greasy. I think it is due to the past damage i have done.
    so far i have tried coconut oil, jojoba oil, camellia oil. I think I like Jojoba oil the best of the 3
    i found my hair likes cone style products better to get rid of frizz and be softer (biosilk)
    my hair is not super curly its a mixture of curls and waves. i would like to find a curl creme to seperate and form the curls better.
    after years of blow drying and straitening and dying and damaging, I've finally decided to embrace my curls and natural color!

Length
    SL/APL/WL?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Hiya! Welcome to LHC!

I'm a much more loyal poster here than on NC, so you probably don't know me. I am trying to be more active over there though. XD As of...three hours ago.
    Thanks!

I havn't posted very much there in a few months, for personal real-life reasons, so you may not know me from there either, even though I've been over there for a few years. But I've found it can be hard to maintain active membership on more than one or two boards and still also have...well...a life, lol. Or at least that's the case for me. Guess I can't multitask that very well.

Since I don't post there very much any more, though, I'm looking forward to having the time to be a more active member here now.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Proginoskes View Post

Hey, we know each other.

I'm more loyal there than here, but post on both. Good to see you here!
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xovictoryxo View Post
    fellow curly here my hair isnt enjoying the humidity. the frizz is out of control. I oil every 3 days and it seems to soak in nice but still kinda remains frizzy but just more greasy. I think it is due to the past damage i have done.
    so far i have tried coconut oil, jojoba oil, camellia oil. I think I like Jojoba oil the best of the 3
    i found my hair likes cone style products better to get rid of frizz and be softer (biosilk)
    my hair is not super curly its a mixture of curls and waves. i would like to find a curl creme to seperate and form the curls better.
    after years of blow drying and straitening and dying and damaging, I've finally decided to embrace my curls and natural color!
    Well, the only curl creme I know of that's been good for me has been Boots Curl Creme. If you're anywhere in the UK, it might be familiar, but if not, you can get it at Britsuperstore.com.

http://www.britsuperstore.com/

It did have a bit of a learning curve for me, and can be a bit drying, but it's well worth the results. I mix it with conditioner to cut the dryness and get good results with it.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Ya know, I see oiling mentioned on this board as one of the be-alls and end-alls of hair care.

But, to be honest, it usually doesn't do a thing for me it most circumstances. I kind of like sealing, and that's about it. A decent conditioner will beat an oiling for me any day, and a good DT beats an oil soak for me as well.

I didn't know if this was a texture thing or an individual preference.

Do any of you other curlies find oiling to be a waste, or only a minimal performer? Or am I just weird. Or, is it both, lol.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!