Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dry, Dry Hair- Need some Relief!

It does look nice and soft! But the pic is a bit dark... I do think we have similar hair when it comes to the dry part. I used to blowdry my hair, almost every day cause if I didnīt it would look puffy, frizzy and a bit damaged....
    But once I started to use the deep oilings, it has changed for me. I noticed that my hair needs proteins...
    I use oliveoil and an egg...mix them together and put in my hair, a showercap over for about 30-60 min. It helpes my hair ALOT! And also coconutoil, SMT (have only done this one once , still new to this), I also did a cassia treatment...I think it also helped me. Now I donīt use the blowdryer...maybe once/week - from using it every day (I think that is a big change for me )!!! I also got a boar bristle brush and a wide comb. My other brushes are now in the garbage....And I try to put my hair up more often.

My only problem is that I love to wash my hair cause it gets very flat. Now I wash every other day....I will try to stretch it to every third day...But I do alot of horsebackriding....the smell and the helmet doesnīt help...heheheh

Here are so many that will give you great advice. Lissen to them...they know what they are talking about ! Helped me alot....
    Take care
    /Emme

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I don't think my hair responds well to protein! I had mixed egg, honey, and olive oil together, and used it as a mask. But when I washed it out, it was more stiff and dry. And I made sure to wash really well!

I did try the Henna and Placenta treatment one time, but I was confused as to whether to use it as a conditioner, or a treatment where I wash out and apply conditioner after.

I tried to lighten up the picture a bit more:

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I think it looks lovely

Your comment about it feeling different to when you used cones makes total sense.....it's a different kind of softness, but you'll get used to it
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Hello amaiaisabella! I'm a stylist.....I've done proteins, no proteins, cones, no cones.....so I can give you some recs. Everyone here gave some really good ones. Deep oilings do well, as well as CO. CWC works well for some too (including me). As for products to use if you want a deep treatment that's not necessarily an oil, Joico has a product called KPAC that's a cone free deep treatment that works WONDERS.......I've also used a shea butter mix for hair that did well. I have really dry hair too....always adding moisture LOL......HTH some!

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Thanks rymorg2! I was using Ion's reconstructing treatment, which I think is similar to Kpak. I was using it as a deep conditioner though, which I don't think you should. My hair is very dry and brittle as a result of a few weeks of that routine.

I am liking CO so far but I have to see how long my hair will last looking fresh! Any recipes would be welcome