Thread: couple of questions

Length
    13.5"/?/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default couple of questions

okay could someone maybe post a link to some information about conditioner only washing?
    also would it be suitable for my hair since the ends and most of it is dry but the roots get greasy. would it make it more oily?
    plus how can i go about washing it less often? i can go three days but it looks a bit greasy on the third day (i wash late afternoon/evening rather than morning).
    sorry for all the questions!!

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=18 Here is an article about it. I don't know how your hair will react, if its greasy it can be a problem, at least in the beggining. Remember to use really *light* conditioner. I won't tell you anything more 'couse it simply doesn't work for me But for others it just takes some time for scalp to get used to this method of washing and everything is well again. Welcome on the boards!

Length
    APL/BCL/long
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Yes, I think CO will work well for you and no, I don't think it will make your hair look oily, if you find the right products. Being a bit greasy on the third day is much less than many experience. I second the light conditioner for the washing-part. Cheap and without 'cones or any sort of mineral oils (like paraffin). But before you start: do a clarifying with a 'cone free shampoo. That will make it so much easier, at least if you plan on going completely CO, because it gets rid of any build-up and staying away from cones when CO lessen the chance of getting any too.

I had the same washing-routine like you before, but I refused to show myself on the third day without washing my hair first, because it felt so greasy. Now I CO once a week, WO once or twice between and feel comfortable wearing hair down even right before washing. And the little bit of grease that I get, is nothing like it used to be. Now it only feels dirty, before it was more of the sausage-greasy-thing. But I am naturally a bit dry in my skin, so I knew when I started CO that the natural state of my scalp should be a bit dry and not so greasy... Others actually have to wash more often with CO, because they still produce as much grease naturally and the condish doesn't dry it out in the same way as shampoo..