Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have been really into milkmaid braids / crown braids lately

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Have been really into milkmaid braids / crown braids lately

Kat's message made me realize that I wrote "bobby pins" above but really meant regular U-pins--whoops! If you haven't tried them with the style you're doing now, heavier-weight U-pins might be worth a shot.

· Into The Deep Sea · mermaid lullaby's Avatar
    Length
    20/32/33.5
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Here's the Good Hair Days that Kat was talking about. They are available at Sally's in the U.S. (not sure, if they are available anywhere else) and are usually where the bobby pins are.
    For jaw clips, I tend to go with the medium size brown ones. I don't like the black or clear ones.

Last edited by mermaid lullaby; December 19th, 2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid lullaby View Post
    Here's the Good Hair Days that Kat was talking about. They are available at Sally's in the U.S. (not sure, if they are available anywhere else) and are usually where the bobby pins are.
    ]
    I've never seen them in-person anywhere but Sally's (and have never seen the company's other products anywhere), but there may be regional differences? The only thing about these is that some years back they changed the plastic they use, and it's more brittle now. The old plastic, it might bend/distort a bit from use, but it would take a lot before the pins would break. The new plastic breaks more easily. I'm not fond of that. Am thinking about becoming better friends with my Bunheads pins for that reason. The good thing about the plastic pins, though, is that they do grip very well since the "tines" actually touch. I've found the hard way in the past that I can't use the metal hairpins in quite the same way sometimes.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I tried milkmaid braids today and I'm currently using bobby pins to hold it together....mostly because I have nothing better. U-pins would probably be best, in my opinion.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Oh this hairstyle is so awesome! So pretty so easily, and so protective! And tolerates good hl hair. I so love this. And OP described well the strengths of this hair do

Sorry I just wanted to talk about the greatness of milkmaid braids. I pin them with tiny clips.
    Last edited by Priska; May 13th, 2024 at 05:56 AM.