Page 4452 of 4455 FirstFirst ... 3452395243524402444244504451445244534454 ... LastLast
Results 44,511 to 44,520 of 44547

Thread: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Default Re: The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

I like to french braid my hair, but no matter how flat and smooth I try to pull the hair across the top, it always ends up looking sort of square (like, the top sides poof up a bit). This looks ridiculous since I have kind of a long, narrow face with a somewhat wide/square jaw, so I look like my entire head is a rectangle. I've yet to figure out how to eliminate it. *sigh*
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I like to french braid my hair, but no matter how flat and smooth I try to pull the hair across the top, it always ends up looking sort of square (like, the top sides poof up a bit). This looks ridiculous since I have kind of a long, narrow face with a somewhat wide/square jaw, so I look like my entire head is a rectangle. I've yet to figure out how to eliminate it. *sigh*
    I get a very strange bump at the top of my head, near the back, when I do a single french braid. On occasion, starting lower down eliminates this problem, but most of the time I resort to pinning everything down with bobby pins.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    I get a very strange bump at the top of my head, near the back, when I do a single french braid. On occasion, starting lower down eliminates this problem, but most of the time I resort to pinning everything down with bobby pins.
    If I'm not careful, I can also get a "poof" at the front/top of my head where I start my braid (I start mine near my hairline)... I have to be careful to pull down and back as I go across the top of my head. The "corners" are probably a similar feature of this, but I haven't figured out how to get rid of them yet.

Then again, if I do get my hair brushed back smoothly, then I look bald. Can't win.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Winchester View Post
    I never want to cut my hair when I'm sad. Not even when my grandmother died a few years ago. I cried for about a day, though. Instead, I went on Etsy and looked for a memorial with a picture that I could give to all of the grandkids (I'm the oldest). When I looked on Mom's calendar later (I don't mark mine up like she does. That's what dry erase boards are for), I realized that I got the date wrong (I thought she died on October 9th, but it was actually October 10th, one month and five days before her 97th birthday, so she almost lived as long as my great grandmother, who lived until she was 97).

To get over urges like this, I just have to remind myself that I've lost my hair to chemo, and if I cut it too short, I have to deal with all the annoying "Oh, you look so cute with short hair!" comments. Also, that I've done something I said I would never do: get an "age appropriate" hairstyle. Nope, it stays long, even if I have to learn how to trim it myself (but not until the "no trim challenge" is over), since I don't trust hairdressers.

Sorry for your loss, and I am also sad to hear that you've had to endure such a sight. Cancer sucks!

But I think that you've got a good strategy going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by mistywoods View Post
    I can definitely relate - I recently cut back to MBL, and was actually planning for it to be even more drastic at the time Big regrets! I feel like your strategy of ignoring your hair for a bit and distracting yourself with others things is probably one of the best things we can do - will certainly be trying that next time, instead of going through another hair cut I'm bound to regret
    Ouch! I feel your pain. Have also been there before with a haircut I regretted.
    Early 2017 I cut my TBL hair to barely reaching my shoulders. I can't emphasize enough how much I hated it. What kills me is that if I had just let it be, with my growing rate in mind, my hair should've been kneelength(!) by now.
    And that thought definitely makes me want to cry.

So yeah, definitely no impulsive haircuts for me nowadays.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post
    Why is it that I'm constantly seeing split ends throughout the day, but the second I sit down with my scissors to do a dedicated S&D session, I can't find a thing?
    Been there, done that.

So what I do is to have my spare scissors in my bag at all times, that way I always have a pair of scissors nearby whenever needed even f I'm not at home.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

The very front of my hair is less dense and grows sooo much slower, wearing hats lately to focus less on my hair isn't probably helping but I'll keep doing it .
    I want to break my 40 -50 day limit of not coloring my hair.
    Luckily it's coming Into winter so i don't melt

I vacillate between wanting to put effort into having very long hair and putting effort into very curly hair. The actions for them counteract each other.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I washed my hair on Monday. It's finally waeather for shorts here, so when I let my hair air dry, I was pleasantly surprised to feel the ends brush the upper part of my calves. The ends may be thin, but they are getting longer

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

After months of being unhappy with the tangle situation I went back to my old friend L’Oréal and bought a bottle of the extraordinary oil conditioner and all is resolved!

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I recently moved and my hair looks and feels so much better. It's softer, it has more shine and it tangles less. I didn't even use any hair serum yet.