Page 1617 of 1617 FirstFirst ... 6171117151715671607161516161617
Results 16,161 to 16,166 of 16166

Thread: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Congrats on 6 months, angel-baby! & 2 years, sophiep!

I plan to trim 1” later this month, and will have only 1” or so of bleach left on my nape hairs afterwards! I thought I had more bleach on those hairs, but there’s really not much. Now I know for sure I will have some completely bleach free layers at HL after my August trim and it’s just so exciting. That section of my hair is especially healthy with no split ends as well (can’t say the same for the top layers but they have more inches of bleach to grow out still). slowly getting there!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    MBL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural? Share your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Congrats on 6 months, angel-baby! & 2 years, sophiep!

I plan to trim 1” later this month, and will have only 1” or so of bleach left on my nape hairs afterwards! I thought I had more bleach on those hairs, but there’s really not much. Now I know for sure I will have some completely bleach free layers at HL after my August trim and it’s just so exciting. That section of my hair is especially healthy with no split ends as well (can’t say the same for the top layers but they have more inches of bleach to grow out still). slowly getting there!
    Only 1 inch of bleach left on your nape hairs is awesome, especially at HL!! Congrats on your progress!! Lol, my top layers are pretty split too. My virgin hair growth is just past my ear (about 15-16cm now, which I think is a pretty normal amount for 13 months without bleach). I've been regularly cutting off the worst of the splits and bleach damage on my ends for the past 8 months or so.

Going natural is such a drawn out process but will be rewarding at the end when we've annihilated that evil bleach damage, lol... We'll make it eventually!

Length
    1cm/23.5"/term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I trimmed off the last 1-2cm of my ends and they feel so much better. Still damaged but waaay softer, less tangly and my ends are not like tumble weed anymore. My roots are roughly 4.5cm, maybe 4.75cm in some areas, so it grew maybe a little over 1cm/month for 4 months. I haven't bleached since December 10th.
    ~Buzz ☆ Shoulder ☆ APL ☆ MBL ☆ Waist ~
    time to grow grow grow

Length
    18/18/32

I had classic length hair as a child thanks to my mum taking care of it. As soon as I hit 15 I started on chemical treatments and hair straightening every day.

When I hit 21 I sadly discovered bleach, and the combination of bleach and heat meant my hair started breaking pretty dramatically last year. Have chopped it to a little past shoulder length. Now growing (hopefully) my way to waist length hair!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So, guys, I finally decided what I want to do with my colour
    The plan for rest of the year is to grow salt and pepper.
    I'm not choosing cold turkey though.
    After a ton of research I decided to grow out grey using dye strip technique for growing grey ( no, it's not about stripping the dye!)
    I changed my part and will be coloring only roots of one
    part with what I have left of my henna.
    And continue to grow silvers underneath.
    So far so good
    I'll keep you updated.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Just hitting 1 year 6 months since using bleach! Gosh I can't wait to be done with the stuff
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?