Page 270 of 271 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271 LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2710

Thread: Before and after - one year of hair growth. Show us your photos!

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Before and after - one year of hair growth. Show us your photos!

If you've finally made it to waist length it makes sense you are celebrating your victory!!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemi View Post
    I take pictures of my hair a LOT. If my hair looks good? I'll take a picture. If it looks bad? I'll probably take a picture. If I put my hair up in a new way? I'll take a picture, especially so I can see what the back looks like. I make sure to take one on the 1st of each month, but I take so many during the month

It's probably a problem
    If you've made it to waist length it makes sense you are celebrating your victory!!

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by bushkin View Post
    I love this thread! Keep growing everybody!

Curious how often you guys take hair photos. I've been taking one each month for the last six months now.
    I snap a few every week, so by the end of the year, we are talking about hundreds of them in total (not counting the ones I delete ).
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    You're going to need longer arms soon so you can fit the full length in Nice job!
    LOL!

PeonyBlue's wave pattern is gorgeous and congrats, Brandt! Love the pictures.

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

So I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I decided to stick it here.

Around Easter 2023 I decided to bleach a strand of hair behind my ear (to the scalp) to see how fast my roots grow, to determine my hair growth rate. I call it my "calibration strand". It has grown about 11cm in one year, so my growth rate is in the normal range apparently. It hasn't fully translated to the ends due to breakage and stuff, but this is valuable information to me, because I have never really dyed my hair much and didn't know my root growth rate.

(Well now I'm also growing out accidental henna but the line isn't as clear)
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

That is a nice experiment

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    So I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I decided to stick it here.

Around Easter 2023 I decided to bleach a strand of hair behind my ear (to the scalp) to see how fast my roots grow, to determine my hair growth rate. I call it my "calibration strand". It has grown about 11cm in one year, so my growth rate is in the normal range apparently. It hasn't fully translated to the ends due to breakage and stuff, but this is valuable information to me, because I have never really dyed my hair much and didn't know my root growth rate.

Cool! I definitely think this is a more accurate way to determine growth. I always felt my hair grew slower than average, and once I started properly getting my hair highlighted, I confirmed it for sure. It's a nice way to know if the haircare practices you're doing are actually helping to retain length or not.

Your natural colour is so pretty!
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post

Oh fun. You'll have to bleach multiple patches to see if growth rate varies over the scalp area. I suspect it does, perhaps fastest near the crown and slower near the periphery? LOL
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Exactly 1 year apart! May 2023 - May 2024
    I wish I still had that shirt for a perfect comparison.
    It's crazy because I honestly feel like it hasn't grown at all. It feels so short in front of my shoulders, and though the measurement has changed, it still feels like SL or APL at most
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bushkin View Post
    I love this thread! Keep growing everybody!

Curious how often you guys take hair photos. I've been taking one each month for the last six months now.
    Hardly ever, since I don't like pictures of myself (which includes my hair), so I mostly have to describe it. I've got more important things to do than take constant pictures of myself (frankly, I'd rather play video games or update a fan fiction story that I'm working on, but I tend to procrastinate a lot, since sometimes, I just don't feel like it, so if it takes me six months to add a chapter, then so be it).
    Keeper of the Royal Order of Playful Kitties
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL