Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 300 seconds for more effective conditioning

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: 300 seconds for more effective conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by Liz H View Post
    The one drawback is that I can smell the conditioner on my hair for the following week.
    I actually wish it worked for me like this sometimes. My hair doesn't retain the scent of products at all, no matter what I do.

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

OK, tomorrow is wash day and I'm going to try this. Hope I can do it, I'm super impatient! I'm going to have to set a timer and try to meditate or something.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    OK, tomorrow is wash day and I'm going to try this. Hope I can do it, I'm super impatient! I'm going to have to set a timer and try to meditate or something.
    I shave and go real slow like with bar soap and then a loofah sponge but I end up taking longer than 300 seconds lol.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    35/36/42
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Wanted to add my experience with this method.
    Usually my hair doesn't really seem to soak up any of my hair masks, but yesterday I tried this method and after it I used a heat cap and left it on for an hour (my usual wait time for hair masks). When I removed the heat cap it felt like most of the mask had soaked into my hair, and it still feels very soft today which doesn't usually happen as I have mostly coarse hair. So I think it has been a success

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I didn't do my pre poo oiling, and still have marvelously soft hair. The ends don't even need oil. I also used less conditioner this time, so don't have the scent in my hair.

Sorry I’m late to check back in. I tried this a few times now and squished for a whole 30 mins each time with deep conditioner. Honestly I didn’t notice any difference compared to when I don’t squish the conditioner in. I still find a really good hair oil applied to dry hair daily helps the most to prevent tangles and keep the ends looking and feeling less dry.
    Goal tailbone to classic
    Natural dark blonde
    Fine and Slightly wavy

Quote Originally Posted by NeonPink View Post
    Wanted to add my experience with this method.
    Usually my hair doesn't really seem to soak up any of my hair masks, but yesterday I tried this method and after it I used a heat cap and left it on for an hour (my usual wait time for hair masks). When I removed the heat cap it felt like most of the mask had soaked into my hair, and it still feels very soft today which doesn't usually happen as I have mostly coarse hair. So I think it has been a success
    I need to try a heat cap. I never have but have been wanting to. Any recommendations?
    Goal tailbone to classic
    Natural dark blonde
    Fine and Slightly wavy

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleJean View Post
    I need to try a heat cap. I never have but have been wanting to. Any recommendations?
    Get the mastex heat cap you will love it. I only need a good 15mins of it.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

This works awesomelly well and has saved me from my tangle problems! Thank you! (i still want to try adding sweet almond oil into the conditioner when doing this...)