Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: POLL: What kind of hair elastics do you use?

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: POLL: What kind of hair elastics do you use?

At night, I use satin scrunchies for keeping things protected. During the daytime, I use hair ties for guys from the longhairs. I've had far less breakage using these than I did with cheap elastics found at the store. Plus, I like getting them in fun colors and patterns for a little bit of flair.

https://thelonghairs.us/collections/hair-ties-for-guys

Length
    MBL/MBL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I only use scrunchies or invisobobbles anymore, preferably scrunchies though. Invisobobbles for a more chic, business look if necessary.

Length
    30/36/41
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I use satin or silk scrunchies the most of the time and sometimes when my hair is oily by an oil treatment I wear normally hairties !
    One meter reached in June 2021. Cut it to waist and now I'm at 92 cm at the beginning of the butt.

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

For years and years I used the goody metal-free elastics - the big thick ones for ponies/twisted up buns in the day before I knew how to use forks/sticks and the smaller ones for the ends of braids. I also used the clear elastics for braid tails if I was doing two braids. Both kinds cause more breakage than I liked and tbh have really reinforced my belief in sacrificial ends. I've stopped wearing my hair in two braids mostly because of the elastic situation.

I bought some scrunchies small enough for a single braid tail but large enough to hold a ponytail (though I quite rarely wear a pony) a while back, and use satin scrunchies for sleep-buns. The small scrunchies have improved matters significantly and I've been contemplating getting some more... I saw some little satin ones at Target a few weeks ago but thought I'd probably lose them off the end of my braid and not notice!
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

The knitted ones that are like a thick stocking material.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

I keep using regular rubber bands even though I should be using the satin scunchies!

Length
    Buzz/SL/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Literally dollar store brand hair ties LOL. Just the metal-less fabric covered ones

I also have these plastic ones that look like telephone cords and those are really fun, I’m constantly scared of them getting caught in my curls though so I don’t use them as much.