View Poll Results: What do you wash your hair with?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shampoo SLS

100 40.16%
  • Shampoo SLS free

58 23.29%
  • Shampoo bar

29 11.65%
  • Herbs

11 4.42%
  • Other

42 16.87%
  • Cheese

9 3.61%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Poll - What do you wash your hair with?

Default Re: Poll - What do you wash your hair with?

I currently cowash my hair and honestly have no plans on going back to shampoo again. I have severe scalp eczema, and I have tried prescription shampoos and OTC ones and have not had a ton of luck with either. Their either very drying, irritating to my scalp, or both. I find that even sulfate free shampoos are often drying to my hair and scalp. I have used shampoo bars before and have found absolutely none thus far that wow me in any way, as they always end up in some kind of way leaving my hair dry, making my scalp more flakier, and I don't feel that they rinse off 100% from my hair and hair and scalp no matter how much water I use to remove the suds. I also find if I I use a shampoo bar on a regular basis, no matter what's in it, there is some type of tingling action that goes on with my scalp, which leads me to believe that it is irritating my scalp in some kind of way. Oh, and the closest cleanser that I came to that I thought was going to be my "hg" is Jessicurl's Cleansing Cream (which the company calls their cowash, but it doesn't perform as mild as one, because at first things were all good with this product,Mobutu then it would start go leave my hair feeling more and more drier after use, so would pre-poo first, and then I started noticing a tingling reaction to my scalp that came out of nowhere with this stuff. So, I ditched all of that and I use either an actual cowash or rinse out conditioner to cleanse my hair and scalp with, typically once a week, but sometimes more when needed. I know that dome people are leary of using conditioner to cleanse ones hair and scalp with, but as long as I take my time washing my hair with the conditioner, versus rushing like people typically do with shampoo, I am able to effectively get my hair and scalp clean. I use generous amounts of conditioner and I keep massaging it around and around my head just like you do with shampoo, but it is very important that the process is not rushed, that you really take extended time to really dislodge the dirt, sebum, and debris, with your fingers, so that way, when you rinse your hair, it will be looking and feeling clean, but never stripped in any way. As, some of your hairs natural oil will still be intact and not totally stripped like what is very common with shampoos. Also, I must add I do not use any hair products that contain silicones or mineral oil in them, so I don't have anything that's very hard to get out and would need to be actually removed with shampoo in order to completely cleanse it out of my hair.

Now, in regards to how it has been working to help with my scalp eczema, that is still very much a work in progress, but I have seen some slight improvement, however, with scalp eczema there are certain things that easily trigger flare ups, such as changes in temperatures, stress, and more. Plus, what I have is largely hereditary, so it is a daily battle for me that I struggle with, nonetheless. However, I definitely do plan to continue to stick with cowashing my hair and scalp, and not turning back for sure!
    Last edited by Reservechic; September 26th, 2018 at 06:37 AM.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

What do you wash your hair with?
    Dr organic rose otto

Do you like the results of what you are using?
    Yes i love it

Have you had any problems with it yet?
    Nope

Will you still use your chosen product?
    I will continue to use it until my hair no longer respond well to it or product gets discontinued

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

What do you wash your hair with?
    Sukin SLS free shampoo (SLS free not because I hate SLS, but because my skin itches to buggery when I use it)

Do you like the results of what you are using?
    It's aight, the shampoo/conditioner duo I had before smelled nicer.

Have you had any problems with it yet?
    Not problems but more slight dissatisfactions with the scent and I think the shampoo is slightly too drying for my hair?

Will you still use your chosen product?
    Only until it runs out then I'll likely try and find an alternative that ticks all the boxes
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023

i wash my very tip top of my scalp and my bangs (which i'm growing out, but they're at a length where they still get stringy and gross if i don't wash them) with a SLS free shampoo. it's sheamoisture's strengthen and restore shampoo. i use it like once a week, twice if my bangs get really grubby.

Length
    23/35/50
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Calia Products work really well for me. SInce I can't get Desert Essence in Germany I switched to Calia.

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I don't pay much attention to labels.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

I normally use shampoos, although I've been trying to use co-washes for a while.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I voted: Cheese because I like the cheese thing
    A nice​ bun makes the day.