Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sebum :(

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Sebum :(

Quote Originally Posted by Elichan View Post
    I've alwaws eaten lots of fruits, raw and cooked vegetables (love them ), fish, olive oil... almost no sugar, lots of green tea, so I don't think it's for the diet. I think I'm going to try the ylang ylang or the tea tree... how do you put essential oils or honey in your scalp? Do you dilute them, leave at night... ?
    Thanks for the advices
    Honey I use almost like shampoo (sometimes with my shampoo.) Just take a glob of honey, maybe a glob of aloe, (and if you add conditioner it becomes an SMT!) and spread that all over. Essential oils you have to dilute them in a carrier oil (sometime like 15-30 drops essential oil per ounce of carrier, like jojoba) or put them in a mister bottle with water, and apply that to your scalp and massage in. Leave it in as long as possible (your hair should not be greasy after this) and repeat after every wash/when necessary.
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I find that vinegar rinses make my hair oilier faster too. My theory is that since vinegar closes the cuticle so well, that the oil doesn't absorb into the hair as fast, and just sits on the top, making it look greasy. Just a theory though. Maybe you could just use the vinegar on your length and see if that makes a difference?

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

oh... I think it can be true... I'm going to try ACV just on my lenght. Today I tried lemon + water for rinse, and the results were the same: dull hair that tomorrow is going to be oily

Length
    pxi/unkn/term
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Here is what I do:
    I have a similar problem, I have to wash my hair every other/2 days because my scalp is very troublesome. I wash my scalp with liquid castille soap, and give it a vigorous massage. My castille soap is dilluted with vinegar and distilled water+colloidial silver and I find that this helps me go longer between shampoos. I use neem oil+sweet almond oil on my scalp when I get a scalp irritation. I leave it on overnight, then wash this off with Aussie Moist shampoo and then the castille mix.

I find it is important to vigorously massage my scalp when I wash, I use JASON Jojoba Scalp balancing Shampoo as my daily winter shampoo (I use ALBA botanicals in the summer, and that worked great) after my castille treatment to be sure to get all the excess sebum off. When I use my oil treatments, I also vigorously massage to try to loosen/exfoliate dead skin cells. I do this once a month, or every other month.

I am thinking that you should try using Jojoba oil on your scalp when you do a deep conditioning treatment on your hair. Maybe the frequent shampooing is drying out your scalp, and that is why it is overproducing oil? You can part your hair in many sections, put a few drops of oil on the parts, and then use your fingers to massage the oil all over your scalp.

I have a thought that micronazole/monistat might help with dandruff, my sister has either SD or psoriasis, I am going to be experimenting on her next week and will post the results. Neem oil, tea tree oil, sweet almond oil, lemon juice, colloidial silver, vinegar,honey and every brand of dandruff/sd/psoriasis shampoo does not work, even prescription! Sometimes there is not much you can do except frequent washing

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thought I'd add that I agree with Katze, you might want to try a commercial shampoo that uses sulfate detergents. I buy the cheapest shampoo available from the store and then dilute it a lot. The detergents used in the 'natural' shampoos are often a lot weaker than those in more commercial brands. If you're not removing enough oil and dead skin cells to start with, your hair will get dirtier faster, and I suppose could start to smell.