Thread: Artic Fox over henna?

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Artic Fox over henna?

Hello all hennaheads! I'm longing for some temporay change and want to try Artic Fox over hennaed virgin hair, either a purple shade or a cool dark red. In the past I've had success with Special Effects but it seems to be hard to find in my part of the world and Manic Panic doesn't take on my hair. Anyone who has tried?

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Artic Fox over henna?

Since these are all deposit only "staining" dyes then I think it would be okay over Henna regardless of brand. I never got around to dying blue over henndigo'd black but I remember having plans for it. Other members have reported using chemical dyes over henna without nefarious side effects. You can always strand test on some shed hair first if you're unsure

Oh, and dark red/purple sounds awesome!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Inber View Post
    Since these are all deposit only "staining" dyes then I think it would be okay over Henna regardless of brand. I never got around to dying blue over henndigo'd black but I remember having plans for it. Other members have reported using chemical dyes over henna without nefarious side effects. You can always strand test on some shed hair first if you're unsure

Oh, and dark red/purple sounds awesome!
    Great! It'll probably be just fine. But I'm more concerned with the outcome of the colour, if purple could go very dark, like too dark.

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

You should check out the cherry cola thread, I think most of them use hibiscus with henna but I'm fairly sure some of them use arctic fox? At least, I've seen quite a few people with arctic fox over henna on LHC over the years Also I saw this post on instagram just a day ago or so, she used pink and purple but I'm not sure if her base was henna.
    Last edited by Siv; April 20th, 2021 at 07:26 AM.
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    You should check out the cherry cola thread, I think most of them use hibiscus with henna but I'm fairly sure some of them use arctic fox? At least, I've seen quite a few people with arctic fox over henna on LHC over the years Also I saw this post on instagram just a day ago or so, she used pink and purple but I'm not sure if her base was henna.
    Thank you! That Instagram pic looks so nice