Thread: free coconut oil link?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default free coconut oil link?

I found a link through Facebook(The Penny Hoarder) for free coconut oil. Not so sure if it's good though...it's from Thrive Market. You pay for the shipping.

Length
    pixie/Hip/n/a
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: free coconut oil link?

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    I found a link through Facebook(The Penny Hoarder) for free coconut oil. Not so sure if it's good though...it's from Thrive Market. You pay for the shipping.
    Yes, it's virgin coconut oil and it costs 1.95 to ship. BUT...make sure the card you use is either a prepaid card that only has a few bucks on it or make sure you cancel out your monthly shipment because they will charge your card for the next monthly box and they do it quickly.

I got this when I had a couple of bucks left on a prepaid mastercard and they hounded and hounded trying to get me to update the card and take my shipment. I had to unsubscribe from emails, they got on my last nerve.

You can probably buy a 16 oz jar of virgin coconut oil for around $7-10 from Walmart. And you don't have the email or charging your card hassle.

But yes, it was great coconut oil, it smelled awesome and was wonderful. It isn't the value that they say it is (I think they say it's either $15 or $21 value.) It's more like $10 or so.

https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Fixes...in+coconut+oil

ETA: Here is the brand and exact jar they are offering. They say it's a $24 value. It costs $18.04 at Walmart with free shipping. So yes, $1.95 s a great deal so long as they are blocked from forcing another shipment of items on you. Also, it is a 23 ounce jar not 16 ounce like I thought.

ETA 2: the link at Thrive states that it is a 15 ounce jar. It's less than $9 at amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organi...nutiva+coconut

(walmart)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nutiva-Or...23-oz/39800542

One more thing, you can get refined coconut oil in a liter size container for around $8-10 and it lasts forever without going rancid.

If you do get the virgin coconut oil, keep it in the refrigerator or it will go bad and will stink and you have to dispose of it.

While the virgin is awesome, it's finicky and prone to spoilage rather quickly. I just get the refined and to me, it works just as well. It doesn't smell as good, it really has no smell at all. But it works the way its' intended to and rarely spoils.
    Last edited by mz_butterfly; September 9th, 2016 at 10:04 PM.
    Come with me on a magic carpet ride