Thread: Blogs again: adding tags to old posts?

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Question Blogs again: adding tags to old posts?

The title sums up my question. I have only recently started to consider, that adding tags to my blog posts would be helpful and make finding information easier, as my blog is so old/big and I write about variety of things, including hair tutorials.

However, it looks like one can only add tags when composing a new blog post, but not add them to already posted entries. Is there a way to add them to older entries too, or do I just have to start adding tags from now on? Is it a bug and if not, I wonder why tags are restricted from old posts?

Thank you!

Arctic

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Blogs again: adding tags to old posts?

Me again. No-one aswered to this question, and I thought it's just a site bug. However, just today, almost 4 months later, I accidentaly found the solution - in other words, yes we can add tags to old posts too! I'll post screen captures here, in case someone else has been wondering about this, too.

1. You can't add tags to old post within the editing view. (The editor box that opens when you click edit any particular blog post of yours). You will need to be either at the main page of your blog where all your blog posts are scrollable (example from my own blog: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=11704), or at the view where you have clicked open one particular blog post (but don't click edit, just the normal view. Example of my blog: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=120776.)

2. At the bottom of your blog post there are some information, like when your post was edited, tags and categories.

Note that this is my older post and I have not added tags when I posted it.

3. Now bring your cursor over or next to the text "Tags: none" (Of course this works for posts on which you already have added some tags, which you might want to edit, remove or add new ones to.). A symbol appears (see screen capture below):

4. Click the symbol, and a box opens, on which you can add new tags (or remove and edit old ones). When done, remember to click "save changes".

Done!
    Last edited by Arctic; July 17th, 2015 at 08:41 AM.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Oh, sorry your question didn't get answered before Arctic! Nice tutorial.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

No problems, I just assumed it was a bug, and it didn't even occur to me that new tags could be added in other than the editing view Now I can tag my hair style posts properly!