Page 31 of 1304 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341811315311031 ... LastLast

Thread: Armpit | Midback

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: from APL to BSL come grow with me!

I'm somewhere in the nomansland between APL & BSL. I figure that it'll be another year (if it doesn't all shed). I'm molting, I'm molting like the wicked witch.

Last edited by Elenna; October 1st, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    I feel like mine will never grow. I mean, logically, I know it is, and when I stretch out the back, it is actually below bsl. But I'm scheduled for a devacut on the 11th, just to shape up the layers so I get a little volume, and I know no matter how careful she is, it's just gonna be, or at least seem, much shorter. It has to be done, though...I wish it were bsl when curly...
    I know what you mean. I feel like an imposter being in this thread and posting that I'm 28" but with the spring factor, I am still not BSL curly. My goal was always to reach that by Christmas, so I think I will well and truly reach that goal. I've got layers as well but I like layered curly cuts and a V or U shaped hemline.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    curly girl, you have gorgeous hair! I only wish I had your volume and colour.

....sigh.......

sky
    Awww-thank you so much :blush: ...

Quote Originally Posted by 30isthenewblack View Post
    I know what you mean. I feel like an imposter being in this thread and posting that I'm 28" but with the spring factor, I am still not BSL curly. My goal was always to reach that by Christmas, so I think I will well and truly reach that goal. I've got layers as well but I like layered curly cuts and a V or U shaped hemline.
    Yeah, I'm resigned to the fact that I need my layers, and, it is what it is...maybe by the time I'm 80....

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 30isthenewblack View Post
    --- *snip* I like layered curly cuts and a V or U shaped hemline.

Sorry to jump into the middle of the conversation! I wanted to say I too love U and V hemlines and am planning to cut myself an U when I trim the next time. My original plan was to let it grow like it is until BSL/MBL, my hemline is almost straight with a slightest of slight U. But lately I have felt like it's as good time as ever to cut in the U.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Arctic, I think your hair would look lovely with a U-shape. It's so easy to do, and you don't need to lose any length. I say go for it!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    Arctic, I think your hair would look lovely with a U-shape. It's so easy to do, and you don't need to lose any length. I say go for it!
    Thanks FrannyG! I have never used Feyes method before but it looks quite easy to do.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    Awww-thank you so much :blush: ...

Yeah, I'm resigned to the fact that I need my layers, and, it is what it is...maybe by the time I'm 80....
    I think people get the impression that layers are a bad thing but they can add volume and interest to a person's hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Sorry to jump into the middle of the conversation! I wanted to say I too love U and V hemlines and am planning to cut myself an U when I trim the next time. My original plan was to let it grow like it is until BSL/MBL, my hemline is almost straight with a slightest of slight U. But lately I have felt like it's as good time as ever to cut in the U.
    Go for it! I think a U or V shape can look really pretty on the right hair. I always walked into a hairdresser and said that I never blow dry my hair straight and I wear it curly and time after time, they tried to give me a blunt hemline that does not work with my hair. My hair grows at different lengths so I end up with a U or a V shape any way which I think looks nice I was admiring Ale's hemline yesterday - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=13083

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I think layers look great in the right hair. My hair looked much better with layers when it was shorter. Now that it's longer and wavier, the layers just make the ends look too thin.

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by jivete View Post
    I think layers look great in the right hair. My hair looked much better with layers when it was shorter. Now that it's longer and wavier, the layers just make the ends look too thin.
    Definitely! Layers work well for my curly hair.
    Last edited by 30isthenewblack; October 2nd, 2008 at 03:11 PM.

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post
    Hmm .. I measure BSL as the bottom of my shoulder blades, or 23", because I'm impatient and if I measured to the bottom of my strap I'd probably get fed up at not reaching a goal in so long that I'd cut. My longest layer is now at 23", so I'm at 'can-I-call-this-BSL', but I won't really feel like I'm at BSL until it's at least an inch or two longer.
    I looks like it to me because I am 5'4" and have 30 inches of length with someone else measuring from forehead hairline to end of hair. Which means that you should be hip length in about I years at 6 inches per year.