Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pesky layers - to trim or not

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Re: Pesky layers - to trim or not

If that were all I had, I'd just even it up now.

However, I have lots more layers than that, and cutting them all out would mean shoulder length And even then, there's still thinning.

September 2013 - waist length (though not on its best day!)
    Back to the LHC regime, let's finally get past waist length!
    ~ Lady Tyche of the Blessed Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Pesky layers - to trim or not

Thanks everyone.

Sky, I like fairy tale ends on others but not on me and not at my current length.

Katze, my hair is similar to yours. When it's wavy, the ends don't look nearly as bad. You've mentioned scalp cleavage before in posts and I get monstrous cleavage after day 2.

I'm still not sure what I want to do. I'll probably wait a week and then decide. I did a micro-trim at the beginning of September and we're supposed to go on a cruise in December and I know I'll want to trim before that.

I know an inch doesn't seem like a lot, but this is pretty much the longest my hair has been and I've honestly been trying to grow it for at least 16 years. Trimming too much or too often has always been a problem for me.

Well, up it goes until I can figure it out. Maybe I should aim to maintain at 24" instead of 25" until my ends are sufficiently thick and then problem solved!