Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to put down the scissors

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: How to put down the scissors

Thank you, ladies, for the wonderful compliments. I appreciate your nudges of motivation. I know that, this too, shall pass.

<----- Is a bit impatient. :-)
    Starting fresh again! Growing out a shaved/pixie cut. Will I never learn?
    Pixie ~ Nape ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Yes, it will pass eventually ;-) but what to do until then?

I don't have the hemline obsession, my hemline is uneven and I don't really care (wear my hair bunned anyway). But I have other obsessions so I understand you well.

Maybe it helps if you set yourself smaller units of time? "I won't consider cutting until the end of October. Then let's see what I'll decide". And then you measure it and see, wow, it's grown and it would be a pity to cut it "until early December".

this is how I bridge unpleasant time spans. I even send myself reminders in the mail. It helps only if you are bit like me....

And try some updos, just for the fun of discovering chaotic hair. Your hair looks beautiful, like Louise Brooks whom I adore. It will look even better when long.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Length
    1inch/1inch/TB
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Hi Tambalina!

I found I had the same problem when trying to cut my own hair, just because I couldn't stand the condition of the ends a moment longer (it was only about collar-bone length then, but all over the place). For the next week (at least!) I kept trimming bits here, there and everywhere until my hair was ear-length and still uneven!

I couldn't stand the unevenness (and was running out of hair in the process!) so not long after that, I took myself off to a well-qualified/recommended H.D, who gave me the most achingly precise hemline, and my urge to cut was well and truly gone.

So I take it when you are referring to cutting your hair, you mean you are doing it yourself? If that's the case, and you really want to abandon the scissors, then maybe booking a lovely, indulgent session with a really, really great hairdresser (harder said than done sometimes, I know) and explain clearly to them that you want a really, precisely blunt hemline. Once you're sure that they've done a great job, then tell yourself that it looks great (because it will) and under NO circumstances would you need to cut... If you see little hairs sticking out here and there, then IGNORE them. Give yourself a hair treatment instead, or play with some little clips. Just don't cut.

I know exactly where you're coming from with this, sometimes I think we all just need to step back a little from the mirror. The things I've spent my (so-far short) life worrying about are things that other people have never even noticed. I'm looking forward to growing with you!!