View Poll Results: How old was your last INDOOR kitty who died?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-3 yrs

4 5.48%
  • 3-6 yrs

2 2.74%
  • 6-9 yrs

4 5.48%
  • 9-12 yrs

6 8.22%
  • 12-15 yrs

15 20.55%
  • 15-18 yrs

18 24.66%
  • 18-21 yrs

17 23.29%
  • 21-24 yrs

6 8.22%
  • 24-27 yrs

1 1.37%
  • 27 & up

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How old was your last INDOOR kitty who died?

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How old was your last INDOOR kitty who died?

My cats:
    Bebe- 15- died from uncontrollable advanced diabetes
    Sam- 18- died from bladder cancer and the debate of Quality vs quantity of life
    Sissy- 6- died from seizures and symptoms related to the pet food recalls but we didn't get tests done
    Keiky- 9- Still pouncing around and ruling the roost.
    Quin- 6- Absolutely wonderful
    Squeek- 4- the dastardly dirty doodle is a bad kitty who is very fat and happy

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Maggie was 19. However, for about ten of those years she was actually outdoor, we kept her inside since she got weaker and sicker after 15 and she was indoor for her first few years.

Length
    ~24"/48"/41"
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdess View Post
    Your cat is so cute! !
    Thank you! You'd think so even more if you saw him in person. He has the most incredible personality. He just climbed up on my lap. He's the kitty love of my life. I love him so much!

11/28/12: 35" --- 3/2/13: 37.5" --- 4/18/13: 38.25" --- 5/10/13: Trim from 38.5" to 37.5" --- 10/6/13: 40" (Classic!) --- 12/13/13: 41.5" --- 1/16/16: 48" (approaching knee!)

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post

My kitty "helping":
    Oh my goodness! My cat looks like yours, look at her face, it's like they have the same expression

Unfortunately I can't help with your query. This is my first time with a house cat.
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I just lost my old boy, Amos, to kidney failure and hypertension about a month ago. He was about 16.5., and indoor only. I've had other cats live to the 13-15 year old range, indoor and outdoor cats. I've never lost a cat to anything other than disease/old age. Right now we have an 11 year old, two 7 year olds, and a 3 year old. The 3 year old is indoor only and the rest are indoor/outdoor. Whether they are indoor only is dependent on the individual cat.

ETA: The youngest cat I lost was put to sleep at six months due to FeLV, which he probably got from his mother. Other than him, the youngest cat was 10 and put to sleep due to abdominal cancer.
    Last edited by jeanniet; December 20th, 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: eta

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've had a lot of cats, but they've all been outdoor cats at my parents' house (my dad's allergic, so they wouldn't let me keep my cats inside). My first strictly indoor kitty that I adopted after I moved out on my own just had to be put to sleep at the beginning of October. She was fine, still active and eating and drinking normally, and then all of a sudden she wasn't. I wish cats didn't hide their symptoms so well. When I took her to the vet, she already had advanced liver failure. The vet's best guess was that she had a bad case of pancreatitis that went unnoticed, and spread. My poor Bindi would've been 3 years old this coming February.

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I wouldn't know, as my childhood cats are still pinging about like kittens. We aren't sure exactly how old they are, but we have had them over 16 years and they were at least three when we adopted them. Freddie had an accident before we had him and he lost his tail, and the vet can tell that he was around three or so when it happened. His sister is from the same litter.
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Length
    ear/CB/WL:31
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I didn't vote because my the first cat I ever got as a 3-year-old is still alive! She's over 18 years old now and is fine, albeit with arthritic hips. She's showing some warning signs of diabetes/kidney problems (drinks more water than she used to) but the vet says she's incredibly healthy

EDIT: knock on wood
    ***2a/b, 4.75"**Arctic Fox => pink***
    ~chin~shoulder~collarbone~armpit~brastrap~waist~

Length
    9.5/16/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/i/ii

My last, and only other, indoor cat that had been a part of my life lived until he was about 16. I was three when my family got him. My dad hated him and my mom never wanted to clean up after him. So I am very upset because they put him down and only did it because it was convenient for them! If I had known, I would have taken him and cared for him, but they like to act before telling me. They recently put one of their dogs down for the same reason and my little sister was the one to tell me. Sure both animals were old, but they weren't in such bad condition where they HAD to be put down.... I am still hurt about it.
    Chin***Shoulder***APL***BSL***Waist***Hip***

Length
    2''/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

We got Edie from the shelter when I was 3 and she was a year old. She was a strictly indoor-only cat because her former owners declawed her. Edie lived to be almost 25, and was in fairly good health until she turned 23 and her age began to catch up with her. Near the end she started having seizures so mom had her put to sleep. Right now my mom has Roscoe and Zoomer who also never go outside, and they are 17 and 13 respectively. Zoomer is still very spry and active, but Roscoe is beginning to slow down and lose his cattitude that he was always known for. He's far more interested in finding some place warm and soft to lie down than wreaking havoc anymore.

We also had a cat named Pippin who was indoors only for the first 13 years of his life, until we moved to the country and he began to desire the outdoors. Mom let him go out, and he wound up being killed by a coyote two years later. We also had a stray we called Missy that wandered up that we couldn't convince to come inside and she lived to be about 6.
    Jaw - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - ???